• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC Touch Diamond vs. Lotus Notes...This is a featured thread

Anonymous
HTC Touch Diamond vs. Lotus Notes...
Sep 2 2008, 6:22 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 2 2008, 6:22 AM EDT
googled hours, tried several guides/tweaks but still can't sync my htc t.d. with lotus notes...

- rom 1.93.407.1 ger
- win mobile 6.1 (ce os 5.2.19965, build19965.1.2.3)
- lotus notes 8.0.1
- active sync 4.5.0

tried easy-sync 4.26 (1031): it's unable to install the mobile-part on the htc... couldn't find just the single cab-file to do this manually.

tried several methods to lower the security-configuration
(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?fdoc=wplceasy&rs=465&uid=swg21260730)
-> nothing... Security Configuration Manager power toy doesn't even indicate my mobile... if it's even working with wm6... nothing about a new version found... thought about trying to sync notes and an outlook (which i first ought to install and run just for this sync-job...) ô.O

please no answers like "use product X" if it's not free, please ;P

ideas & answers: spamspamspam (add) shared-files (dott) de

tyvm
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: HTC Touch Diamond vs. Lotus Notes...
Sep 3 2008, 10:53 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 3 2008, 10:53 AM EDT
We use Lotus Notes with our company, but I've managed to install DAMO (Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook) and got my Outlook syncing with Notes and to my Diamond.

Kepz
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: HTC Touch Diamond vs. Lotus Notes...
Sep 15 2008, 9:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 15 2008, 9:51 AM EDT
If you have a domino server 8 running you can use the traveler service that comes with it to sync with your Pocket PC or smartphone
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
alteba
alteba
3. RE: HTC Touch Diamond vs. Lotus Notes...
Mar 9 2009, 1:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2009, 1:29 PM EDT
"googled hours, tried several guides/tweaks but still can't sync my htc t.d. with lotus notes...

- rom 1.93.407.1 ger
- win mobile 6.1 (ce os 5.2.19965, build19965.1.2.3)
- lotus notes 8.0.1
- active sync 4.5.0

tried easy-sync 4.26 (1031): it's unable to install the mobile-part on the htc... couldn't find just the single cab-file to do this manually.

tried several methods to lower the security-configuration
(http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?fdoc=wplceasy&rs=465&uid=swg21260730)
-> nothing... Security Configuration Manager power toy doesn't even indicate my mobile... if it's even working with wm6... nothing about a new version found... thought about trying to sync notes and an outlook (which i first ought to install and run just for this sync-job...) ô.O

please no answers like "use product X" if it's not free, please ;P

ideas & answers: spamspamspam (add) shared-files (dott) de

tyvm"
The link you provide works for WM 6.0 and lower. Windows Mobile 6.1 has a new security level (Trier 3). Please see:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=465&context=SSKTPA&dc=DB560&dc=DB520&uid=swg21259475&loc=en_US&cs=UTF-8&lang=en&rss=ct465lotus

to lower the security level and hopefully IBM will come with an sync application that knows how to deal with Trier 3 in a fashionable way.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)