• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: GPS failure with WM6.1 after Dutty's update

Keyword tags: Duttys GPS WM6.1 (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

lairdturner
lairdturner
GPS failure with WM6.1 after Dutty's update
Jul 25 2008, 11:33 AM EDT
My GPS doesn't work now with the Dutty's update. In the 'External GPS' settings, the 'Hardware' tab is always set at 'none' for the GPS hardware port. When I set it to Com4 and exit the program and then return, it has switched back to 'none'. Should I remove Duttys? If so how? Or, is there a tweak to correct it? Any help would be appreciated. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: GPS failure with WM6.1 after Dutty's update
Jul 25 2008, 8:48 PM EDT
"My GPS doesn't work now with the Dutty's update. In the 'External GPS' settings, the 'Hardware' tab is always set at 'none' for the GPS hardware port. When I set it to Com4 and exit the program and then return, it has switched back to 'none'. Should I remove Duttys? If so how? Or, is there a tweak to correct it? Any help would be appreciated."
Did you flash one of Duttys 6.1 roms, if so which one, or is this one of Dutty's programs? Do you find this valuable?    
MM12

MM12
Aug 4 2008, 6:14 PM EDT
if it is a ROM then you don't remove it, you just flash a new ROM over top. i would search this on XDA since that is where Dutty and friends will look and most likely help Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 4 2008, 7:52 PM EDT
"if it is a ROM then you don't remove it, you just flash a new ROM over top. i would search this on XDA since that is where Dutty and friends will look and most likely help"
Appreciate your recommendation!! Hope I'll know how to install once I find it. Do you find this valuable?    
MM12

MM12
Aug 5 2008, 12:15 PM EDT
"Appreciate your recommendation!! Hope I'll know how to install once I find it."
if it isn't a ROM you installed i don't recommend it, yet! it's a long and complete process where you have to unlock your phone, void it's warranty, if it is just software, i would uninstall Setting -> System Tab -> Remove Programs -> and remove Dutty's. sometimes Third party apps will tweak more then needed and make things unresponsive.
also before you Flash your ROM try a hard reset. first Settings -> System -> Clear Storage This will remove everything not embedded in your system. Also if it's a program you installed did you install it on your SD Card or on the Device Storage?
-MM12
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 5 2008, 1:06 PM EDT
No, it came with his program already on it (used) and am not savvy enough to know anything about it. Thanks for the reply! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 5 2008, 3:09 PM EDT
I think this is the best advice yet. Thanks, I sure appreciate it! Do you find this valuable?    
MM12

MM12
Aug 5 2008, 7:31 PM EDT
hmm now i'm stumped without knowing to much more all we can tweak are settings. also if nothing else you could try GPSID it's a microsoft utility that overrides the built-in GPS settings(that weren't working for you) Do you find this valuable?    
lairdturner
lairdturner
Aug 5 2008, 11:17 PM EDT
"hmm now i'm stumped without knowing to much more all we can tweak are settings. also if nothing else you could try GPSID it's a microsoft utility that overrides the built-in GPS settings(that weren't working for you)"
Thanks, the GPSID sounds like something I can try and start all over. I still have some time to work on it as I'm not going on a trip until October. Thanks again and will post the results. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
http://rapidshare.com/files/138839221/GPS_Miomap_pda_19.01.2007.rar
Aug 20 2008, 6:52 PM EDT
check this link
http://rapidshare.com/files/138839221/GPS_Miomap_pda_19.01.2007.rar

powerfull gps with egypt map....working 100% on tytn II
if you need any other country send me [email protected]

i had all countries maps...

waleed hagag
+2010 0002506
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors