• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sprint Touch WM 6.1

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

SunYam

SunYam
Sprint Touch WM 6.1
Jul 21 2008, 4:05 PM EDT
Well I got my HTC Touch from Sprint this past Friday. Ofter checking out Buzz About Wireless I read about the WM 6.1 update, I downloaded it and "tried" to install it. Well just put it this way got stuck on bootloader screen and how to take it back. Since today was the true official launch of Sprint Touch WM 6.1 I called my local store and asked if they did software update installs. The lady informed my they were not a repair store and could not do updates.

After thinking about if I wanted to risk another "Bootloader Screen" mess up I decided to try it since I wanted it to be up to date. Perfect install, not errors or nothing! Yay!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Touch WM 6.1
Jul 27 2008, 2:06 AM EDT
Did it installed complete and stucked after reboot ?
If it stucked, do a soft reset

Before upgrade the new firmware, the best way is do a hard reset, then run the firmware upgrade.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2008, 2:31 AM EDT
The new firmware will boot up slow at Green screen "Windows Mobile Version 6.1 , it will take about 1 minute or little bit more, if over than 2 minutes, just do a soft reset. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 28 2008, 10:54 AM EDT
did you upgrade using the internet browser on your phone or computer and if you did do it on your phone what was the link Do you find this valuable?    
SunYam

SunYam
Aug 2 2008, 12:26 PM EDT
Well the first time I had tried it it only got so far into the install and popped up with the error. This caused the phone to be locked into the bootloader screen, soft and hard reset did nothing for it. The next time it installed on the new Touch just fine. Both times I downloaded on PC and hooked phone to PC to install. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 4 2008, 5:40 PM EDT
Sprint Touch WM 6.1 Download Here: http://www.htc.com/us/faq_Detail.aspx?p_id=76&act=sd 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors