• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 3G not working on AT&T network ....and I have a memory issue

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

tylo123

tylo123
3G not working on AT&T network ....and I have a memory issue
Jun 10 2008, 5:53 PM EDT
Anybody have a S730 in the US that is working on the AT&T 3G network? The box says it supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, and 1900 MHz) frequencies but I cannot get on the AT&T 3G network. Only the EDGE network will work for me. Any ideas? Also, I have a memory issue that causes a message saying there isn't enough memory to run the program. I have the phone in the out of the box configuration. Anyone find a ROM update that fixes this issue? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: 3G not working on AT&T network ....and I have a memory issue
Jun 11 2008, 9:43 AM EDT
"Anybody have a S730 in the US that is working on the AT&T 3G network? The box says it supports GSM/GPRS/EDGE: Quad-band (850, 900, 1800, and 1900 MHz) frequencies but I cannot get on the AT&T 3G network. Only the EDGE network will work for me. Any ideas? Also, I have a memory issue that causes a message saying there isn't enough memory to run the program. I have the phone in the out of the box configuration. Anyone find a ROM update that fixes this issue?"
Yes, but those are frequencies for EDGE and GSM only. 3G in the U.S. is 850Mhz or 1900 Mhz HSDPA/UMTS. The S730 only supports the 2100 Mhz HSDPA band in Europe. So you will not get 3G here. As for the low memory, have you used several applications? If so, you may need to "close" them in the task manager. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 1 2008, 1:39 AM EDT
I have the same problem. Does anyone know if it would be a hardware or software update, to be able to use 3G service on the AT&A network?

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 1 2008, 2:42 AM EDT
"I have the same problem. Does anyone know if it would be a hardware or software update, to be able to use 3G service on the AT&A network?

Thanks!"
I really hope so :( I have the same issue.. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 2 2008, 6:03 PM EDT
HTC,

Why are you taking so long for a new ROM update so we can use The HTC TOUCH PRO , with 3G service on AT&T NETWORK??????? why ?????????
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 21 2008, 7:04 PM EST
Hey guys, I am field Engineer contractor For ATT And T-Mo. Currently I am in Austin and San Antonio doing Carrier adds for ATT. Recently I bought the Tilt off craigslist for dirt cheap and wondered why so cheap. I found that I have the same issue as all the rest (the reason it was so cheap) . I can get 3G to work in San Antonio but not in Austin. I found the difference in the two areas is that San Antonio area uses only the Ericsson 850 low band width for 3G and Austin is currently using Ericsson 1900 High band for now. We have recently added 850 to Austin but not yet optimized for public release. I have flashed my Tilt with Hyperdragon ROM to select between 1900 GSM when there is no 850 3G available. If anyone out there know of a CAB or ROM to allow me to have both the PTT feature and Band selection let me know. via my ghost email [email protected]... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors