• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sprite Backup v. Norton Smartphone Security

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

crabpot

crabpot
Sprite Backup v. Norton Smartphone Security
May 26 2008, 12:43 AM EDT
The version of Sprite Backup furnished with the AT&T Tilt is or has been version 5.1. If you use Norton Smartphone Security then Sprite Backup freezes during a backup and locks up a large portion of system resources requiring a soft reset to restore functionality to the phone. Symantec has not yet responded to this and Sprite Software is looking at this issue. At the request of Sprite Technical Support I downloaded Sprite Backup v.6.2 and it worked without any problems.

Since Sprite Backup v. 5 is installed in ROM, it cannot easily be removed but I confirmed with Sprite that the upgrade to v6.2 will run properly even if v.5 is present.

Since they are in New Zealand, I do not work for or know anyone working for Sprite but I will add that I was amazed with the timeliness and quality of Sprint Technical Support. I am waiting for the upgrade of Windows Mobile to v.6.1 and then will upgrade Sprite Backup and combine this with Terminator which is a lo-jack type program to locate a lost or stolen phone and can even wipe data if needed.
Do you find this valuable?    

Be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors