• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: New Moto H700 Bluetooth Headset Problems with New Tilt

Watch
2  | Next

Anonymous
New Moto H700 Bluetooth Headset Problems with New Tilt
Dec 2 2007, 12:41 PM EST
3 weeks ago I purchased new H700 headset and Tilt. I can detect and get the hands free headset working, but it only works intermittently. Fuly charged, I open boom on H700, and it works fine, next 5 times in a row, wont work at all. I can pair and sych with my laptop via bluetooth no problems. I called AT&T and HTC tech support, who both told me to look online in the wiki/forum for help, they couldn't help. They both also say may be related to "some difference in stack between moto and at&t drivers" or something.

Has anyone had any problems getting a moto headset working consistently with their tilt? Is there a patch of s/w download I can get to fix this?

Thanks!
Scott
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: New Moto H700 Bluetooth Headset Problems with New Tilt
Dec 2 2007, 4:53 PM EST
How did you go about pairing the headset with your Tilt? Did you do it through the bluetooth settings and enter the passkey? Let me know and then I can try to help. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2007, 5:59 PM EST
I have no problem with Moto products eg Razorwire/S9's. There is a little utility callsed A2DPToggle 1.0.RC-2
This software will install as a today or home plugin and offer the user the possibility of instantly switching the audio between Device Speaker and A2DP Stereo Headsets. here http://www.teksoftco.com/index.php?section=freeware
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2007, 12:48 PM EST
I also am having problems with my Tilt and a Moto product. I have the H681 headset. It does just what you said. I pair them together (of course using the passcode(who asked that anyway??)) It seems to work. I answer a call. I hear them for a second, and the Moto drops from the phone. I am only 3 feet from the phone in open view. If I wait a few seconds it automatically pairs back up again, but the person calling usually has hung up by then. What's up with these things (Moto and Tilt)? Their not that cheap, they should work correctly. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
TK_007

TK_007
Dec 5 2007, 1:40 AM EST
I think you guys might have problem with some products of motorola only.. I am using h500 as well as h3 and both are working atleast since a month.. though they dont work for songs(like in nokia phones) 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 11:04 AM EST
I am having the same problem w H681 and tilt. It works intermittentently! Even when 3 feet from the phone. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 15 2007, 5:21 AM EST
I have issues as well with the AT&T Tilt and Motorola H700. It will pair, then becomes unpaired randomly after a few hours or so. It will work fine for a while, then it won't work at all. The profile is still there, but you can't answer calls or anything. It acts like its not paired (no "headset" icon on phone screen) I need to remove the device from the list, then re-pair. Sometimes this requires hard resetting the phone. Otherwise I get errors that say "incorrect passcode" when I try to pair.

The only advice Motorola support had was resetting the headset (plug the headset into the charger for 7 seconds then unplug). That didn't solve the issue, so on the second e-mail, they told me to sent the headset for a replacement. I sent the headset back to Motorola, and got a replacement, exact same problems. So the issue seems to be the Tilt, or its compatibility with the headset.

Other Tilt users have reported similar problems with the H700 on the AT&T forums. But some users report no issues with the Tilt / H700 combination.

Very frustrating.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 15 2007, 5:22 AM EST
Sorry, I meant "soft reset" in the post immediately above, not "hard reset". 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
userb

userb
Dec 15 2007, 7:08 AM EST
Having also the same problem with Parrot blue tooth devices 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
rg2056

rg2056
Dec 17 2007, 12:22 PM EST
I am using the Jabra 500; the unit connects well for outgoing calls but disconnects on incoming calls. I have no problems in my car with making/receiving calls. I think the problem is related to the Tilt and its bluetooth architecture. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 18 2007, 9:08 PM EST
I have a h500 worked great with my Razor but just got my Tilt and I cant hear the other person more than a whisper at full volume. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: New Moto H700 and S9 Bluetooth Headset Problems with New Tilt
Dec 19 2007, 11:39 AM EST
I have had nothing but problems with both the H700 and the S9. Both work intermittently and I want to return both but I am beyond the 30 day return. I am really unhappy with this phone. It also goes to screen saver on a call and then you cannot find any buttons to press when they ask you to key in. I am very disappointed with this phone and would not recomend 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Dec 19 2007, 1:08 PM EST
"I have had nothing but problems with both the H700 and the S9. Both work intermittently and I want to return both but I am beyond the 30 day return. I am really unhappy with this phone. It also goes to screen saver on a call and then you cannot find any buttons to press when they ask you to key in. I am very disappointed with this phone and would not recomend"
I admit this phone is not easy to use out of the box, and that should be addressed. But there are several ways to get around a lot of these issues. Let me know what issues you have and I can address them. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 19 2007, 5:08 PM EST
I am also having a strange issue with my Tilt and Bluetooth.

I got a Motorola S9 a couple months ago and it worked perfectly. A few weeks ago, the S9 itself broke, so I went and got a new one...

I am now on my second return and new S9, and for some reason now, I cannot keep a bluetooth connection. It will shut off or just cut out completely. As far as I can tell, it's not the S9, since I've tried 4 different versions, and had originally had it working. It's driving me crazy!
userb

userb
Dec 19 2007, 5:24 PM EST
I called my bluetooth maker and they advise that the problem is with the phone. My device drops calls and resets or does not connect most of the time, but a few times it worked.
My bluetooth device is the parrot ck3100.....any advise on how to fix ?
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 7:14 AM EST
Dear all!
It is a bug of Micro$oft Windows 6 !!
I also had same problem with my HTC Touch and Nokia headset HS4W. I changed a registry value as described at http://www.randyrants.com/2007/05/wm6_tip_voice_c.html and my problem has been fixed!!

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 5:30 PM EST
It sounds great...but how do I edit the registry?!?

My HTC connects ok to my car bluetooth kit Nokia CW-1W. Works fine when I make the calls, but don't connect to the radio when I receive calls. Could it be the same problem? Pls HELP because the 30 trial days are finishing soon...
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Radial

Radial
Jan 8 2008, 2:19 PM EST
"Dear all!
It is a bug of Micro$oft Windows 6 !!
I also had same problem with my HTC Touch and Nokia headset HS4W. I changed a registry value as described at http://www.randyrants.com/2007/05/wm6_tip_voice_c.html and my problem has been fixed!!"
It's Not Windows Mobile 6... I just upgraded to the Tilt from the 8525 (which had WM5) and have had the same symptoms/problems with the 8525 as now with the Tilt. Incidently I have an older H700 and a new H700. No matter the scenario, I constantly have to soft reset, disable and enable the Tilt or 8525 bluetooth and/or flip the boom and push buttons until it 'pairs' again. Extremely frustrating!!!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
danlinks

danlinks
Jan 8 2008, 7:12 PM EST
The Tilt is built by HTC, and is almost identical with the Alltel PPC6800, and it has the SAME PROBLEM. I have tried installing mobile 6, the H500, HT820 and a BRAND NEW H700, all of them cause my phone to lock up requiring a reboot. THE HTC UNIT OR THE MOTOROLA SOFTWARE IS JUNK!!!!! START COMPLAINING to your company and maybe we can get this fixed. IT IS A KNOWN PROBLEM (AT ALLTEL) WITH NO FIX TODATE!! IF YOU TURN IN YOUR PHONE, THEY HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK. BELIEVE ME IF WE ALL DO THIS SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 6 2008, 7:01 PM EST
I was having major problems with my HTC Vox and my Nokia CK7W until I discovered software from Jetware mobile (www.jetwaremobile.com) who provide a reliable Bluetooth stack to supplement the Windows Mobile 6 effort.

Hope this helps!
2  | Next
Site pages
Top Contributors