• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Killed my HSDPA on me TiltThis is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

JohnnyGTO
Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Sep 26 2008, 8:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 26 2008, 8:49 PM EDT
Well I seemed to found a way to kill HSDPA on a AT&T Tilt. Not sure what I did, I had just loaded Advanced Config and exited the program when I could no longer get any Data with HSDPA enabled. If I turn HSDPA off I get 3G and Data works, just slower.

With HSDPA enabled I programs accessing the internet time out. For instance IE will say connecting... locating... and then after 30-60 seconds comes up with an error saying it can't find the page requested.

Please help, even to let me know it's not fix-able.

I have the tethering plan and have used HSDPA for almost a year.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Data Help HSDPA Kaiser Tilt

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Sep 27 2008, 11:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 27 2008, 11:51 PM EDT
Go to the Tilt main page and download the "Kaiser tweaks" program and run it and set everything to what it advises except the "Clear type" (this causes problems if enabled through Kaiser tweaks if you have downloaded the last Rom update". One of the selections is turning on HSDPA. Hope this helps Do you find this valuable?    

JohnnyGTO
2. RE: Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Sep 28 2008, 1:39 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2008, 1:39 AM EDT
I think I just found the trouble, it must some how be related to the one tower nearest my home. When I go anywhere outside a 5 miles radius (I live near the tower) everything works fine.

Here is the weird part, every where else the phone will switch from HSDPA to 3G to Edge and back no problem. Here in town it locks into HSDPA and refuses to switch to 3G or anything else. I don't know if it means anything but it seems to get an IP address I can ping but I don't get any DNS info!.

Now how can I convince AT&T that there's a problem when their support person denies there is any HSDPA services and I should only expect 3G?
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Nov 17 2008, 11:24 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 17 2008, 11:24 PM EST
"Go to the Tilt main page and download the "Kaiser tweaks" program and run it and set everything to what it advises except the "Clear type" (this causes problems if enabled through Kaiser tweaks if you have downloaded the last Rom update". One of the selections is turning on HSDPA. Hope this helps"
Do you know if the Kaiser tweak works on the AT&T FUZE Touch Pro? Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Nov 24 2008, 8:16 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 24 2008, 8:16 PM EST
"I think I just found the trouble, it must some how be related to the one tower nearest my home. When I go anywhere outside a 5 miles radius (I live near the tower) everything works fine.

Here is the weird part, every where else the phone will switch from HSDPA to 3G to Edge and back no problem. Here in town it locks into HSDPA and refuses to switch to 3G or anything else. I don't know if it means anything but it seems to get an IP address I can ping but I don't get any DNS info!.

Now how can I convince AT&T that there's a problem when their support person denies there is any HSDPA services and I should only expect 3G?"
I have a similar issue . . . 3G was consistent in all of Metro Denver in February, as of end of August (with swap of phones & SIM) phone will show 3-4 bars of 3G, hit call, dops to all the way to 2 bars of Edge and many times won't even be able to initiate dialing. Now usually unable to make a call and use Google or Live maps due to this, very frustrating, but AT&T says everything is OK - Really it's not! Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Killed my HSDPA on me Tilt
Nov 28 2008, 4:36 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 28 2008, 4:36 PM EST
you know I noticed one day when I went for a run after trying to stream some media that my network seemed to be crashing. Ever since then I cannot connect to the HSDPA service. Has anyone found a fix for this?!? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)