• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Using dual number sims on Orange in the UK

Keyword tags: AT&T 8925 AT&T Tilt II HTC kaiser Mda Vario III P4550 TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

ITPM

ITPM
Using dual number sims on Orange in the UK
Sunday, 6:29 AM EDT
Has anyone been able to get a dual number SIM working on an Orange branded TyTN ii in the UK?.

Orange no longer wish to provide these accounts so they are providing very little assistance & say that the phone does not support the feature. Prior to upgrading to his new phone my friend tested his SIM in my TyTN ii which was purchased direct from a PDA supplier so is running the original HTC software & we can select either line no problem at all so the Orange answer is complete bull & it is their hacks that are preventing the phone from working correctly.

If we are not able to remove the Orange restrictions then we may have to flash the original HTC software, any instructions on where to source this & the location of an idiots guide on how to complete the operation would be extremely welcome as he needs the second line to run his business.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: Using dual number sims on Orange in the UK
Sunday, 8:51 AM EDT
"Has anyone been able to get a dual number SIM working on an Orange branded TyTN ii in the UK?.

Orange no longer wish to provide these accounts so they are providing very little assistance & say that the phone does not support the feature. Prior to upgrading to his new phone my friend tested his SIM in my TyTN ii which was purchased direct from a PDA supplier so is running the original HTC software & we can select either line no problem at all so the Orange answer is complete bull & it is their hacks that are preventing the phone from working correctly.

If we are not able to remove the Orange restrictions then we may have to flash the original HTC software, any instructions on where to source this & the location of an idiots guide on how to complete the operation would be extremely welcome as he needs the second line to run his business."
I don't know how to remove the Orange restrictions, but here is the link to how to flash new ROMs:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Kaiser#ROMx20.Upgrading
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)