• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Phone doesnt ring or alert incoming texts when on stantby

Keyword tags: None

Watch

Anonymous
Phone doesnt ring or alert incoming texts when on stantby
Feb 7 2008, 9:20 AM EST
Don't know if anyone else has this problem but when my phone is on standby conserve mode, I won't get any incoming texts or calls. I have to press the on button to reactivate the screen and then I get notification of all the texts missed and a 1/2 ring and then it will say how many missed calls. Is there a bug fix for this? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
I have the same problem!!!!
Feb 10 2008, 11:23 AM EST
I've been reading threads in different forums and looks like a LOT of people are having the same problems. When I receive a call my phone won't ring, as a matter of fact, it won't even turn on, same happens with text messages. After I press the power button, I instantly receive all my missed calls/text messages and my phone rings for link half a second. I don't know what's causing this but I'm getting a lot of missed calls a day/week. I'm not sure if Bluetooth is causing this problems but I started having this problem after I started using my blutooth headphones. People say that reseting the phone fixes the problem, but that only fixes the problem temporarily and then it happens again and again. This is frustrating because I constantly get a lot of missed calls. Here's the link to a thread in XDA-Developers forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=321517 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I have the same problem!!!!
Feb 10 2008, 6:48 PM EST
i also was having this problem, how i fixed it was change the backlight settings so the phone will never go on standby. ive never had the problem since i did this. it really doesnt kill the battery to bad either. hope this helps. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Feb 10 2008, 7:29 PM EST
"I've been reading threads in different forums and looks like a LOT of people are having the same problems. When I receive a call my phone won't ring, as a matter of fact, it won't even turn on, same happens with text messages. After I press the power button, I instantly receive all my missed calls/text messages and my phone rings for link half a second. I don't know what's causing this but I'm getting a lot of missed calls a day/week. I'm not sure if Bluetooth is causing this problems but I started having this problem after I started using my blutooth headphones. People say that reseting the phone fixes the problem, but that only fixes the problem temporarily and then it happens again and again. This is frustrating because I constantly get a lot of missed calls. Here's the link to a thread in XDA-Developers forum: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=321517"
Sounds like the device is not sending the "keep alive" message to the network telling it where it is and that it is waiting for a page (SMS or call). I would start by contacting the carrier to see if the y can run a trace to see if it is the device or the network that isnt responding and then move forward according to what is found there. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 1:32 AM EST
Actually, the phone itself still registers on the network. I worked with an Alltel technician trying to figure this out for about 2 hours, and we came up with nothing. For some reason the phone will not wake itself. It is receiving the calls and text messages, however it is not responding to them in the proper way. We think it is a problem with the Alltel version of WM6 that they have on this phone. I did the same as the person above, turned off the auto standby feature, and it 'solves' the problem. However, in my case, it kills my battery because if i receive a text message or miss a phone call, the screen comes on and stays on, eating my battery like a fat kid eats cake. Here is hoping that the promised new rom will fix this issue, because I have had so many 6800's that they want to move me to a BlackBerry. That will be the day. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 3:58 PM EST
I'm on the Sprint version and I've got exactly the same problem -
Didn't happen in the first 30-days or so, but now (that I'm out of warranty) its all the time.
it's making me nuts!
Are we serious that I should dissable the standby mode to fix this?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 18 2008, 4:35 PM EST
I too have the Alltel PPC-6800 and I experience the same problem. That Alltel CSR that I spoke with today confirmed that this was a known issue and that they (Alltel) were waiting on HTC to release an updated ROM to them for testing. The CSR also told me the same thing that many of you have mentioned above; which is to turn off standby to workaround the issue. So, that's where I'm at now - I hope it works. When I asked the CSR for an ETA of an updated ROM she was not able to provide one. Has anyone else received an ETA for the updated ROM from Alltel? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 11 2008, 5:12 PM EDT
Same problem with Verizon's 6800. Absolutely rediculous. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 16 2008, 2:05 PM EDT
"Same problem with Verizon's 6800. Absolutely rediculous."
i got same problem with Bell Mobility Canada.. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 9 2008, 3:14 AM EDT
Youll need to go to settings>system>power>advanced>then uncheck both boxes 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I had the same problem!!!!
Sep 21 2008, 9:00 PM EDT
The same thing was happening to me and I thought for the same reason. As it turns out, I had the phone set to check for emails every 5 minutes and when it does that the phone goes into data mode and I wouldn't receive text or phone calls ( I was going to return the phone for that reason because I didn't want to be missing phone calls). After calling my carrier and then changing the email setup to check email every hour I haven't had any problems since. Hope this helps! :) 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I had the same problem!!!!
Sep 23 2008, 11:33 PM EDT
I have the Alltel Touch running PDANet and Google Maps only. Had the same exact problem. Put the new ROM on and it did not make any difference. Read in one of the threads about the bluetooth problem. Turned bluetooth off and I have had no problems for a month now. Using a Moto H700. I can still use the bluetooth, but I have to turn the bluetooth connection off after use. If anyone knows of a bt that works better, it would be apprec. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gauthamraj_c
gauthamraj_c
I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN LIST IT IN MISSED CALLS
Nov 17 2008, 7:34 AM EST
Hi brothers, i've got an htc p3350(love) what happens is.. whenever some one calls me(sometimes in a day) they'll hear a ringing tone and my phone even though it is in standby mode it doesn't show me any alert at all..!! I won't even get it as missed calls..! I totally do not know that i have got a call..! Same is with text messages.. sometimes my friends get delivery reports that the message that they have sent to me has been delivered but i won't get any message at all..!! This is the problem and can any of you solve/try to help me out..!! Thanks in advance ..! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
gauthamraj_c
gauthamraj_c
I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN LIST IT IN MISSED CALLS
Nov 17 2008, 7:35 AM EST
The thing is the phone even when the standby time has been increased isn't showing them..!! My phone will be active but it isn't showing it..!! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN LIST IT IN MISSED CALLS
Dec 4 2008, 10:01 AM EST
I too have the same problem of phone not ringing for incoming calls. If you found the solution for this, please mail me at [email protected] 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: I HAVE A SIMILAR PROBLEM BUT IT DOESN'T EVEN LIST IT IN MISSED CALLS
Dec 20 2008, 6:40 AM EST
what happens is try sending messages to any number to your phone and sometime after 2 or 3 minutes the messages keep going to outbox instead of getting delivered at that moment you try calling yourself from another number and you'll get shocked that your phone even though the screen is on, it will not show you the incoming call and the caller will be getting a ring implying that the phone is not receiving the call at all but the network receives a signal that the phone is receiving a call...!! It is so emberassing bcoz the caller thinks that we are not lifting the call wantedly..!! Same happens with the messages..! after a minute or two the phone starts receiving the messages and calls... and mind this... The calls and messages that you receive will not be shown for live..! yOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY KIND OF ALERT FOR THE CALLS OR MESSAGES THAT YOU RECEIVE IN THE DORMANT TIME..! They won't get listed in the missed calls or anywhere.. .i.e., your phone is not receiving that call/message...!!! I have gone around the customer care for a month. he tried to replace the motherboard and kept 5 new mother board before me and none of them worked fine..!! He told me today that it may get corrected with software upgrade.. let me see whether it works or not..!! 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors