• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Windows Update connection errorThis is a featured thread

Showing 7 posts

Posted Anonymously
Windows Update connection error
Feb 29 2008, 12:48 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2008, 12:48 PM EST
I upgraded the ROM on my AT&T Tilt cellphone this past weekend (to version 1.62.502.0), and now get an error message when running Windows Update .

Error. Connection to update server was not available. Check your data connections settings & ensure the device date & time are correct. Result Code - 80070057.

Prior to the ROM upgrade, Windows Update worked just fine. I've checked my date and time settings. They are correct. I've contacted AT&T Tech support, HTC Tech support, and support.microsoft.com. ; I haven't found anyone/anything helpful so far. Anyone have an idea what the problems is here, or whether or not the update servers are available yet?
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Windows Update connection error
Mar 1 2008, 1:23 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 1 2008, 1:23 PM EST
the windows update functionality is non existant. The operator does not support this functionality but supports FOTA 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Windows Update connection error
Mar 4 2008, 11:38 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 4 2008, 11:38 AM EST
I have experienced the exact same problem with my AT&T. The windows update program will not connect to the upgrade server after the ROM upgrade. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Windows Update connection error
Apr 11 2008, 7:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 11 2008, 7:17 PM EDT
Same error with me on my HTC TyTN II Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
4. RE: Windows Update connection error
Aug 10 2008, 12:56 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2008, 12:56 PM EDT
Thanks for letting us know that but what does FOTA stand for? My phone keeps crashing and I keep being asked to send error reports to Microsoft - but if I can't get any update then doing that kind of thing is all a bit one way, no? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Windows Update connection error
Aug 13 2008, 1:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 13 2008, 1:48 PM EDT
Yes there is a 3rd party application you can get called bandswitch i think or something close to that at handango.com it helps out so much and lets you change between edge and 3g at will 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: Windows Update connection error
Sep 10 2008, 5:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 10 2008, 5:04 PM EDT
I'm having the same issue. It was working before the rom upgrade. Anyone know why or what the previous poster means about FOTA? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)