• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: GPS infoThis is a featured thread

uconncowboy
uconncowboy
GPS info
Apr 8 2008, 11:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 11:29 AM EDT
After I ran Kaiser Tweaks it gives you the option to take "GPS pictures" so that the coordinates would be somewhere attached to the picture. Where is this info located? I have searched the pictures properties far and wide with no luck.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: GPS info
Apr 8 2008, 11:58 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 11:58 AM EDT
"After I ran Kaiser Tweaks it gives you the option to take "GPS pictures" so that the coordinates would be somewhere attached to the picture. Where is this info located? I have searched the pictures properties far and wide with no luck."
I haven't done it in a while, but I believe it's in the metadata of the file. If you have something like photoshop, the you can see the information.
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
2. RE: GPS info
Apr 8 2008, 12:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 12:10 PM EDT
I have Photoshop, do I look in the properties with that program or is it buried secretly somewhere???? Have to wait until work is over to check it out!!
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
3. RE: GPS info
Apr 8 2008, 1:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 1:00 PM EDT
"I have Photoshop, do I look in the properties with that program or is it buried secretly somewhere???? Have to wait until work is over to check it out!!"
Yeah me too.. I can't remember off the top of my head.
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
4. RE: GPS info
Apr 8 2008, 10:23 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 10:23 PM EDT
Yup Photoshop it's File/File info/ Section: EXIF gives you the coordinates, make model of camera and date stamp. Awesome, thanks for the leading hint...

Anonymous
5. RE: GPS info
Sep 16 2008, 4:18 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 16 2008, 4:18 PM EDT
How did you do this tweaks?
I am using Touch from Bell. It has built-in gps and I would like to take picture with GPS information. Thanks.
browntannis
browntannis
6. RE: GPS info
Sep 18 2008, 9:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2008, 9:49 PM EDT
"How did you do this tweaks?
I am using Touch from Bell. It has built-in gps and I would like to take picture with GPS information. Thanks."
KaiserTweaks is an application that somebody made so that novice users can take advantage of some more options on thier device without having to go into the registry. It was specifcally made for the HTC Kaiser.
sd.madhi

sd.madhi
7. RE: GPS info
Sep 23 2008, 3:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2008, 3:02 PM EDT
Hi Rainman,
Am using AT&T Tilt, USA (HTC 8925).
Could you please direct me on how to use offline GPS (I dont have a data plan)
I do have enough storage (8 Gb) to download maps and store it...

Pls help me out...

Thanks,
Madhi
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
8. RE: GPS info
Oct 2 2008, 4:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2008, 4:26 PM EDT
Mahdi - go to www.pharosgps.com and check out their Ostia GPS software. I have been using it on my Tilt for 6 months and it works great. I loaded the maps for western U.S. including Hawaii. It took about 400 MB on my storage card. It gives you turn-by-turn directions, by voice. The only info you must download is Quick GPS data once per week (unless you change locations - e.g. California to Hawaii requires another Quick GPS download). Those downloads take about 10 seconds and can be done via WiFi, so no data download cost.
sd.madhi

sd.madhi
9. RE: GPS info
Oct 15 2008, 7:35 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2008, 7:35 PM EDT
Hi Sqarrela,

Thanks for the reply...
Is there any free ware available to download it?? www.pharosgps.com sells the software for $100, I dont want to add up further cost :-( ...
waiting for ur reply...

Thanks,
Madhi

1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
10. RE: GPS info
Oct 15 2008, 8:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2008, 8:25 PM EDT
To my knowledge there is no freeware that provides voice guided turn by turn GPS. Google Maps provides lots of good info for free and will show you your GPS position and track your position along your route, but it requires an unlimited data plan, since Google downloads maps segmentally as you travel. The Pharos - Ostia $99 is about the least expensive software I have found. It works great, and is much less expensive than buying a dedicated GPS device.

Anonymous
11. RE: GPS info
Oct 20 2008, 10:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2008, 10:19 AM EDT
Try " Amaze ", its turn by turn voice and there is another one also ,cant remember the name
sd.madhi

sd.madhi
12. RE: GPS info
Oct 20 2008, 7:47 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2008, 7:47 PM EDT
"Try " Amaze ", its turn by turn voice and there is another one also ,cant remember the name
"
Looks good, but it requires data plan (internet) to access their servers... is there a way that maps can be downloaded and used as offline GPS..??

Thanks,
Madhi
Sgarrela

Sgarrela
13. RE: GPS info
Oct 20 2008, 9:09 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2008, 9:09 PM EDT
As far as I know, all the software that provides downloadable maps (no data plan required) and supports turn-by-turn directions are for sale - no free downloads. Pharos-Ostia, Tom-Tom etc. all charge about $100.
wsmith9
wsmith9
14. RE: GPS info
Feb 8 2009, 1:55 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2009, 1:55 PM EST
"After I ran Kaiser Tweaks it gives you the option to take "GPS pictures" so that the coordinates would be somewhere attached to the picture. Where is this info located? I have searched the pictures properties far and wide with no luck."
Here is a program I found that will display the GPS information for you.
http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/minisoft/exifread/english/download.html
DixEburg

DixEburg
15. RE: GPS info
Feb 12 2009, 9:38 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2009, 9:38 PM EST
"Here is a program I found that will display the GPS information for you.
http://www.takenet.or.jp/~ryuuji/minisoft/exifread/english/download.html
"
Have you found the referenced GPS program to work well for you? Are you using it an a Tilt? What is the cost, and do the maps download to the phone or is it dependent on 3G? (I have not yet gone to the site, but don't want to check something out that is exorbitantly expensive, or does not work well. Thanks for Your time wsmith9
wsmith9
wsmith9
16. RE: GPS info
Feb 13 2009, 9:56 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 13 2009, 9:56 AM EST
"Have you found the referenced GPS program to work well for you? Are you using it an a Tilt? What is the cost, and do the maps download to the phone or is it dependent on 3G? (I have not yet gone to the site, but don't want to check something out that is exorbitantly expensive, or does not work well. Thanks for Your time wsmith9"
Exifread is a PC program. I have not found a reader for WM. The program is free and it is just an EXIF reader; no maps.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)