• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Centennial wireless wap settings

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Centennial wireless wap settings
Nov 5 2007, 10:50 PM EST
does anyone know the settings that a phone needs to have in order to connect to the centennial wireless wap network? I got a new phone that used to be cingular locked, and now i cant go online :( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Centennial wireless wap settings
Dec 27 2007, 9:40 PM EST
I have the same problem. Went to the store and they barely knew since their phones all come with the settings set. The access point is mmspublicwap.centennialwireless.com. No user name or password is required. However, I too bought an ex-cingular phone and still have not been able to connect to the web. I have the 20mgb data package and have confirmed it's on and should be working. The store reps couldn't figure it out either. They even went through one of the demo phones, also an HTC, to copy the settings and it didn't work. I am now looking on the web to see if I can find the solution. If you have already solved this problem, please let me know. my number is 574-807-0078, email me at [email protected]. Anyone with an answer can contact me. Thanks, I hope you get/got yours working. I see this is an old post. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2008, 3:03 AM EST
Listen I have that same phone and I was just able to get the net. I dailed 611 and had a rep talk to me as I set up my internet (Enter a name for the connection: Centennial Internet). I called several times and was told to put My Blue Web in this section final I was told "Centennial Internet ". I think that made a huge differences. Afterwards, I just powered down my phone as they resend and reset the setting and I was set. I really hope this helps. I have had my phone for almost a year and the sale assoc. do not have a single clue as to how to work this phone. Please be aware that through centennial you will not be able to check some bank accounts, or access many places that require you to have a username and password to access their sites because of the lack of security services centennial can offer with this phone. Future buyers please beware. Other than that, the phone is great I love the phone and the features but Centennial Wireless is not the service provider I would recommend with this high tech phone. Do you find this valuable?    
CJ_28

CJ_28
Jan 3 2008, 6:54 PM EST
In order to connect to Centennial Wireless WAP network, you need to have the myBLUE Web feature on your account first. Secondly, you can call Centennial Wireless @ 1-800-493-3121 and they can send the myBlue Web (WAP access) over-the-air or you can visit www.centennialwireless.com, access your online account and send the settings yourself. Now if you have a PDA type phone, these settings will need to be entered manually. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
CJ_28

CJ_28
Jan 3 2008, 7:00 PM EST
Use the following link to answer any device questions. This link also provides tutorials and setup guides.

http://centennialwireless.wdsglobal.com/phonefirst
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors