Discussion: Errors during update

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

tonyfargo

tonyfargo
Errors during update
May 4 2007, 1:36 AM EDT
Every time I attempt to update the ROM on my 8125, it doesn't even get past 0% before coming up with an error message saying error code 206. Any ideas? It tells me to try resetting my phone, and if that doesn't work to restart the computer. I have tried both of those, and still the same error. I have tried starting the computer in safe mode just to be sure it is not a software conflict of some sort, still same thing. Even went so far as to do a hard reset (erase) on the phone to see if that helps, but still get the same error. I'm hoping someone out there can tell me what to do. I have been doing searches all over online, but cannot find any references to anyone getting that error code when updating their ROM. Thanks!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tonyfargo

tonyfargo
RE: Errors during update
May 4 2007, 1:43 AM EDT
Ooops, meant error code 260. My bad. Did try searching for that correct code, and found a few postings of people who asked the same question, but not finding an answer. Emailed HTC support too, hopefully they might get back to me sometime in the next year or so and let me know what is wrong. :-) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 4 2007, 10:51 AM EDT
I THINK THEY ARE GREAT SUPPOURT.
TRY THIS-
Bottom line is don't touch the Device. As soon as I hit the 'verifying' step the device would go into tri-color mode and active sync would 'drop' (4.5) and I was thinking nothing was happening and I was toast. So, I would try to reset the device and re-run active sync etc. I even tried doing it in between screens of the RUU. That's was the problem. In order to do the update the device needs to be in "boot-loader" mode which is the tri-color screen. So, run the program, let the device go into tri-color/boot loader mode. Active sync will 'appear' to drop (and might actually drop) and the device will "appear" to be not connected. As long as you have the "USB" at the bottom of the tri-color screen you are connected - leave the device and active sync alone - just continue with the steps in the update application regardless of what the icon in the systray shows (when active sync does appear it may stay grayed out). Just keep going and focus only on the update application and let everything else do what it wants to. (also, it might be wise to disable security/anti-virus on the pc) .
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tonyfargo

tonyfargo
May 4 2007, 3:46 PM EDT
Yeah, that is the problem, I never get to the tri-color screen. I also turn off the firewall and Antivirus beforehand, and I don't touch anything while running the program. The updater program shows the progress screen on the computer, then the phone goes black like it shut off, and then 30 seconds to a minute later, the updater program fails and comes up with the screen saying error code 260, and gives me the recovery screen, walks me thru that part, and tells me to take the battery out for 3 seconds, then turn the phone back on and try again. I never try to reset the phone during the update or anything, it never even goes thru the update, just fails right away. :-(
I wasn't meaning to badmouth HTC tech support specifically, just all my past experience with tech support with other places has always been bad, taking forever to get back to me, and normally getting back to me with an answer that isn't related to the problem, as if they never read my question fully. They did get back to me already today, but they told me the same thing you did. So I'm happy that they did get back to me right away, even if they haven't solved my problem yet. Hopefully after re-explaining things again to them, they can come up with a solution, or hopefully some person on here can. Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 29 2007, 2:10 AM EDT
"Yeah, that is the problem, I never get to the tri-color screen. I also turn off the firewall and Antivirus beforehand, and I don't touch anything while running the program. The updater program shows the progress screen on the computer, then the phone goes black like it shut off, and then 30 seconds to a minute later, the updater program fails and comes up with the screen saying error code 260, and gives me the recovery screen, walks me thru that part, and tells me to take the battery out for 3 seconds, then turn the phone back on and try again. I never try to reset the phone during the update or anything, it never even goes thru the update, just fails right away. :-(
I wasn't meaning to badmouth HTC tech support specifically, just all my past experience with tech support with other places has always been bad, taking forever to get back to me, and normally getting back to me with an answer that isn't related to the problem, as if they never read my question fully. They did get back to me already today, but they told me the same thing you did. So I'm happy that they did get back to me right away, even if they haven't solved my problem yet. Hopefully after re-explaining things again to them, they can come up with a solution, or hopefully some person on here can. Thanks!"
Did this ever get resolved? I am experiencing the same problem. Do you find this valuable?    
alwayslearnin

alwayslearnin
Sep 9 2007, 3:02 PM EDT
Any word on this issue? I'm having the same problem. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors