• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Confirming method

Keyword tags: None

Watch
awnoblett

awnoblett
Confirming method
Jan 12 2007, 9:05 PM EST
When I check the available memory this way, it only identifies the RAM and 128Mb of Flash. Have I got a bad microSD? 5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Confirming method
Jan 29 2007, 9:13 PM EST
"When I check the available memory this way, it only identifies the RAM and 128Mb of Flash. Have I got a bad microSD?"

yep, same scenario for me. yet, I am still able to store data on the microSD card. I can browse to it via File Explorer, it's named 'Storage Card' and is in the root dir.

I'm going to remove the sd card and try formatting it in my pc and reinstalling it in the 3125 to see if that helps.
Do you find this valuable?    
awnoblett

awnoblett
Jan 30 2007, 11:45 AM EST
""When I check the available memory this way, it only identifies the RAM and 128Mb of Flash. Have I got a bad microSD?"

yep, same scenario for me. yet, I am still able to store data on the microSD card. I can browse to it via File Explorer, it's named 'Storage Card' and is in the root dir.

I'm going to remove the sd card and try formatting it in my pc and reinstalling it in the 3125 to see if that helps."
I investigated further and found that my microSD was cracked. It also caused the battery to run down when istalled in about 4 hours so I know I have a bad card. Hope you have better luck with yours. Do you find this valuable?    
corinthiano

corinthiano
Feb 2 2007, 2:44 PM EST
"When I check the available memory this way, it only identifies the RAM and 128Mb of Flash. Have I got a bad microSD?"
Mine dies the same, though I can find a "storage card" with file manager. Is there something that needs to be done to initialize or format the card? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2007, 8:21 PM EST
I know this is the wrong place to ask, but can you tell me where the memory card goes in the cingular 3125 Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2007, 10:27 PM EST
Under the SIM card behind the battery Do you find this valuable?    
Mystik
Mystik
Apr 17 2007, 11:36 PM EDT
"Mine dies the same, though I can find a "storage card" with file manager. Is there something that needs to be done to initialize or format the card?"
it's a lesser known fact that WM5.0 does NOT have support for FAT32. the storage card needs to be formatted under the old FAT16 (more commonly referred to as just 'FAT'). if it's under the wrong format, the device may not see the card at all, or it could manifest many various problems with the card.

it's also important to note, that larger cards must NOT be SDHC, the phone is NOT compatable with SDHC cards and will not read or write to them properly. SDHC cards are generally 4GB+, but both SD and SDHC 4GB cards exist. if your card is FAT, or FAT16 (not FAT32) formatted, and you still can't read it, you might have a problem with the card, but it could also be the brand... not all SD cards are made equal.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 6 2007, 11:24 AM EDT
What is the maximum memory card size that the 3125 will support? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 2 2007, 4:52 PM EDT
As far as I've been able to read the max right now is 2GB 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 20 2007, 3:22 AM EDT
I just got a 4GB MicroSDHC card. Thought it would work, but it doesn't. I updated my Cingular 3125 to the latest Firmware ROM and that still didn't fix the problem. (I'm guessing it's also a hardware compatability requirement.) Even if I purchased a NON-HC 4GB card, Fat16 wouldn't be able to format it at 4GB since the highest capacity of Fat16 is 2GB. So, anyone experiment with a NON-HC card formatted with Fat16? What was the result? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors