• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Unable to mute or stop SMS message ringtones during playback

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Unable to mute or stop SMS message ringtones during playback
Dec 13 2006, 3:37 PM EST
If I set a longer ringtone (MP3 or MIDI) to ring when I get a new SMS there doesn't seem to be a way to stop the ringtone short, you have to let it ring all the way through. Test this by setting Jig as you SMS ringtone and send yourself a SMS and see if you can figure out how to stop the ringtone before it finishes, short of turning the phone off that is. I have server monitors that send out SMS messages when there is an issue, 24x7, so I need to have a ringtone that is long enough to wake me up but I also need to stop it when I'm awake. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Unable to mute or stop SMS message ringtones during playback
Aug 25 2007, 9:23 AM EDT
i have same problem.... Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Oct 4 2007, 5:28 PM EDT
There is no way to stop the SMS, MMS, or email alerts when they are sounding. The entire file will play so you may just want to shorten the file. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2008, 4:55 PM EST
that is so gay a freakin 99 cent phone can stop the sms messages when picked up i think this is a total rip off on the phone 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 21 2008, 7:46 AM EST
dats real dumb... i hate the dim dim ding dim sound every time a message come i want to hear my custom made lil wayne tones..dis really sukz...im sure itz a way so all u tech junkies...go explore and report back asap! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 20 2008, 2:14 PM EDT
how do i make my msg tone in to MP3 ringtone...?
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Mar 20 2008, 5:07 PM EDT
"dats real dumb... i hate the dim dim ding dim sound every time a message come i want to hear my custom made lil wayne tones..dis really sukz...im sure itz a way so all u tech junkies...go explore and report back asap!"
All you need is a trimmer to cut the file to what you want to hear. Do a search and you'll find one. Do you find this valuable?