• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Previous | 13 4 5 6 | Next > Last

Anonymous
RE: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?
Jan 18 2007, 3:43 PM EST
I'm surprised a 21 reply thread doesn't get any replies from HTC - HTC, when is an adapter going to be released? Every review of this phone from Amazon to Cingular.com bemoans the fact that a standard set of headphones cannot be plugged into the 3125. I love the phone, but this issue really drives me nuts. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 18 2007, 3:48 PM EST
"http://www.htcphonestore.com/accessoryDetail.asp?itemMDL=QTEK_8500&itemName=Qtek%208500&accMDL=AUDIO_CONVRTR&sameAs=IMATE_SMARTFLIP
try here
"
This adapter is 11 pin - other replies state that a 14 pin adapter is required. Have you used this "Qtek 8500 Audio Jack Converter 11 pin to 3.5mm?" Do you find this valuable?    
bmeek

bmeek
Jan 18 2007, 4:15 PM EST
"This adapter is 11 pin - other replies state that a 14 pin adapter is required. Have you used this "Qtek 8500 Audio Jack Converter 11 pin to 3.5mm?""
I assume you're the "anonymous" person that already posted this same link to a product the "On The Go" website. They SAY it works with the QTEK 8500, but they also say the same part works with the TyTN - and these devices have different connectors.

In other words, the OTG web site is WRONG in saying this plug would work with the StrTrk. FWIW, the same plug (with the same photo) can be found for about half the price on several other sites (such as MobilePlanet - http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=143185 :-). The folks at MobilePlanet have confirmed it is not compatible with the StrTrk.

Thanks anyway...
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 20 2007, 3:28 PM EST
I'll purchase a couple. [email protected] - Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 21 2007, 10:56 PM EST
"I really could use a couple of these adapters, just got the phone yesterday, and am not happy that I can't plug it into everything.
Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks, Erik
"
Email me as well please. The cingular people first told me I could get an adaptor at radio shack (they sell cingular products) and when I expressed my disbelief I was reffered to the HTC web site, hwich has nothing. I will probably try to solder my own solution for this as well as the USB cable that was destroyed by my father while I was at his house as he needed to vacume before his wife got home an my cable as in the way. None the less my soldering skills are lacking so I may be interested in your solution.

Thanks, [email protected]

Anonymous
Jan 22 2007, 12:21 AM EST
Alikaz, please email me also when available as I would like to purchase 3. Email me at [email protected] - thx.

Also, 90 degree angle (as on the stock headset you modified), and the slim variety of 3.5mm female connector sounds good.

Anonymous
Jan 22 2007, 4:16 PM EST
I just received my so called adapter for the cingular 3125 (htc/qtek 8500) from the above mentioned web site and IT DOES NOT WORK with this phone...
They tell me they will not even re-imburse me for shipping this not as advertized POS back...
cooper89

cooper89
Jan 22 2007, 8:42 PM EST
I just got my "adapter" also from ON THE GO SOLUTIONS but it does not fit the 3125. Noticed on their site just a few minutes ago, this adapter does not come up as an assesorry for this phone anymore. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?i would be very
Jan 23 2007, 8:36 PM EST
i would also be very interested in buying adapter,thanks. [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 25 2007, 10:07 PM EST
Holy cow - all these posts and zip from HTC. I will monitor this as well. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 29 2007, 4:25 PM EST
I could probably make one myself, but I don't really have the time or the eyesight for the fine work. I'd gladly buy one as well. e=mail me - [email protected]. Thanks! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2007, 10:25 AM EST
I could use a couple of these guys.
Let me know what you come up with and... Thanks!

alfonze at gmail
digitalinfiniti

digitalinfiniti
Jan 31 2007, 12:35 PM EST
I sure could use a couple of these adapters as well; if anyone is making them, I would be willing to put up some money.

I am following this thread to see if anything gets resolved in the near future.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Jan 31 2007, 10:10 PM EST
Before I go too far with this, I do have a question. I haven't been impressed with the volume level out of the phone with the provided headphones. Is it any better with other headphones?? (I've got no way of trying). What is the experience for those that have been able to make a conversion, or even use stereo bluetooth? Thanks! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2007, 9:00 AM EST
Does anyone know why the mini-USB to 3.5 mm (from motorola) when pluged into the HTC 12 (or 14) pin to mini-USB does not work? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 1 2007, 10:07 PM EST
i've been looking for a 3.5 mm adaptor for a while, with negative results. the included headphones simply do not stay in my ear. i'm tempted to get rid of my phone and get a sony ericsson so I can use sony headphones. come on HTC... we're waiting. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: CIngular 3125 headphone plug adapter: where is it?i would be ver
Feb 2 2007, 2:08 AM EST
My volume level is deficient as well. Put me down for a couple of the adapters when they're done. I had already cut off the earbuds before reading this thread,
but have not proceeded further, so I have zippo headphones for the phone. Brilliant.

[email protected]

Anonymous
Feb 2 2007, 4:32 PM EST
Please put me on your list for the adapter. [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    
bmeek

bmeek
Feb 2 2007, 5:22 PM EST
"Before I go too far with this, I do have a question. I haven't been impressed with the volume level out of the phone with the provided headphones. Is it any better with other headphones?? (I've got no way of trying). What is the experience for those that have been able to make a conversion, or even use stereo bluetooth? Thanks!"
With the help of a neighbor who's handy with a soldering iron, I converted my stock headset into a 3.5mm adapter (omitting the microphone function). I would say that the volume though my Sony earbuds is just loud enough, although I would agree that it should be able to go a bit louder. The StrTrk is not even as loud as my previous HTC Smartphones - the Cingular 2125 or the Audiovox SMT 5600.

Cheers,
-- brian

Another note - beware the bulky standard female 3.5mm adapters sold at RadioShack... I find that the male plugs on my headphones and on a powered speaker system I have can easily be inserted too far, and it takes some care to make sure the left & right contacts are made properly.

I have faith that our attentive eBay merchant will choose better materials :-). Yes - I'll still order one.

GuSo

GuSo
Feb 3 2007, 5:59 PM EST
Count me in i want one of those adapters too, in another topic anyone know where i can find the cheapest adapter miniusb (HTC Qtek 8500 12-pin connector to mini USB Adaptor) for the phone whit a shop who send worldwide? i found this but its only us and alittle expensive http://www.expansys.com.mx/p.aspx?i=137745&asource=133791 Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 13 4 5 6 | Next > Last