• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Activesync connection dropsThis is a featured thread

Pistolpehi

Pistolpehi
Activesync connection drops
Feb 9 2009, 4:49 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 4:49 AM EST
Activesync works fine for normal synching.
Problem is when I want to do a bigger task like copying over a 200Mb file - it always drops out during the transfer (at different stages).
Is there any setting or change that I can make to ensure that it stays up. This is causing me major problems as I want to backup off phone (either directly from the backup software or on the phone and then transfer).

Please help
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Activesync backup connection
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Activesync connection drops
Feb 9 2009, 3:43 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 3:43 PM EST
"Activesync works fine for normal synching.
Problem is when I want to do a bigger task like copying over a 200Mb file - it always drops out during the transfer (at different stages).
Is there any setting or change that I can make to ensure that it stays up. This is causing me major problems as I want to backup off phone (either directly from the backup software or on the phone and then transfer).

Please help"
If you are downloading larde files, the handheld may timeout. To bypass this: Select Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC. Check the box for “Enable advanced Network Functionality". Select OK. You will want to unclick this box if you are getting corporate email, as it may cause issues with VPN's and servers.
Pistolpehi

Pistolpehi
2. RE: Activesync connection drops
Feb 18 2009, 1:27 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 18 2009, 1:27 PM EST
Tried to change the setting as suggested. The connection still dropped.
Plus, Activesync doesn't worka s well for me with the box checked.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)