• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: can't connect to wireless networksThis is a featured thread

steven.thiers

steven.thiers
can't connect to wireless networks
Jan 10 2009, 4:33 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2009, 4:33 PM EST
I cant't connect to wireless networks any more, secured nor unsecured. Does anybody know how to solve the problem.

This is the situation:
My WIFI is turned on and my HTC can find networks. It shows wether they are available and of secured. However when I try to connect, the connection does not succeed. Last time, when I received a unsecured network, the connection did not succeed from the first time, although the signal was very clear. After some trials, I finally managed to connect.

Connection to my home netwerk however is impossible. My network was WPA2-PKS TKIP secured, I use channel 10. The network is available with good signal but it is impossible to connect although I very sure the pass phrase is correct. I even tried with security swithed off, (I also changed the settings of the network on my HTC) but that didn't help. Does anybody know wat else could't prevent the connection's.

thx
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Connection WIFI
Gaffoonie

Gaffoonie
1. RE: can't connect to wireless networks
Mar 23 2009, 2:16 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 23 2009, 2:16 PM EDT
I am having the same issue. HTC 6800, and the networks will work at random, and then randomly vanish. I have tried on 5 different access points. When I emailed HTC and told them I cannot connect, and have tried on 5 different routers, their answer was, "Restart the router."

I have once gotten it to work shortly when I restarted the phone, once when I set it in the cradle, and once when I just set it on my desk and waited.

The hardware switch is on, and the software option is enabled. I am using a wifi scanner right now that constantly scans for networks, and it did not pick up any of the 4 available networks all night, though it did yesterday afternoon.

Any ideas? I am using the most current ROM update, which I have downloaded and reinstalled twice now just to be sure.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)