• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: E-mail disappears.

Keyword tags: None

Watch
SamuraiBigEd
SamuraiBigEd
E-mail disappears.
Sep 19 2008, 4:43 PM EDT
The e-mails in my inbox delete on their own after a short time and I can't find a setting to prevent this. Anybody know a fix for this? 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: E-mail disappears.
Sep 19 2008, 4:55 PM EDT
"The e-mails in my inbox delete on their own after a short time and I can't find a setting to prevent this. Anybody know a fix for this?"
Could be that when you get the email on your device, it is removed from the server. Next your device does it's sync, see's that the messages have been deleted and does the same on your device (to sync).
Check and make sure that you have it set to leave a copy of the email on the server.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sopper
Sopper
Sep 20 2008, 12:35 PM EDT
Your phone only stores so much email due to memory requirements. I don't know what the settings are or how to change them...but this is why older emails mysteriously disappear. The email however should remain on your email server (unless you choose to delete it from the phone).
Do you find this valuable?    
SamuraiBigEd
SamuraiBigEd
Sep 21 2008, 3:30 PM EDT
It is set to leave a copy on the server, what I am running into is I receive an e-mail and don't read it right away because I am in the middle of something, and sometimes as soon as 30 minutes later it is gone from my phone. This is frustrating because I receive busines e-mails. The messages that download to Outlook when I sync stay till I delete them, but I usually don't need those on my phone, it is the current e-mails I need to keep. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Sep 21 2008, 11:22 PM EDT
"It is set to leave a copy on the server, what I am running into is I receive an e-mail and don't read it right away because I am in the middle of something, and sometimes as soon as 30 minutes later it is gone from my phone. This is frustrating because I receive busines e-mails. The messages that download to Outlook when I sync stay till I delete them, but I usually don't need those on my phone, it is the current e-mails I need to keep."
I had that problem when my company was migrating to a new mail server. We had to direct all of our emails to a PST during the move and if we didnt change the redirection after the move, we would get what you are seeing now. New messages come to the device and then disappear (this was because they were being redirected to a PST). Do you find this valuable?    
dholke

dholke
Sep 26 2008, 10:00 AM EDT
I wish I could offer a solution, but alas, this post is a "I feel your paid" post.
I have 3 accts setup on my Mogul and 2 work as expected (emails stay in inbox) but my gmail acct has this exact issue where the new emals will disappear from the inbox, sometimes b4 I get around to reading them. I thought it was a setting on gmail that was causing this since my other 2 accts work fine. I ensured that I had "do not delete from server" set and when I view gmail through a browser the emails are there in the inbox. Only on my Mogul are they being mysteriously removed from my inbox upon subsequent syncs. Even if I do read the new mail that hs come in, on next sync (auto or manual) they disappear.
Do you find this valuable?    
DrFausto

DrFausto
Sep 26 2008, 3:27 PM EDT
I have the same problem in my HTC Advantage. One of my two email acounts works fine, and in the other the HTC would just delete mails, even when I'm looking at the list, and there you are helpless to stop the erasure! Do you find this valuable?    
peebone
peebone
Sep 26 2008, 3:41 PM EDT
I have this problem too. But I get new emails and they will get deleted. My phone setting are supposed to delete from my phone only and not the actual email server but sometimes the meaasge disappears. It's not in the deleted folder on either my phone or the mail server. What gives? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 17 2008, 12:36 PM EDT
"I have this problem too. But I get new emails and they will get deleted. My phone setting are supposed to delete from my phone only and not the actual email server but sometimes the meaasge disappears. It's not in the deleted folder on either my phone or the mail server. What gives?"
I am experiencing the same problem on my At&T Tilt my emails just keep disappearing. I have tried deleting it an adding it back the problem keeps coming back. This was the second account I added to my phone. You would think that this would happen to the last one. I am also running 6.1. Has Anyone tried using Xpress mail to fix the problem???? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 8 2008, 5:24 PM EST
Has anyone found a resolution for this? Seems the software update does not contain an option to leave mail on server. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2008, 12:41 AM EST
"Has anyone found a resolution for this? Seems the software update does not contain an option to leave mail on server."
I just read a post from another user who had this promlem and they said changing the email size limit to 50k solved this problem for them... Do you find this valuable?    
SamuraiBigEd
SamuraiBigEd
Nov 10 2008, 12:11 PM EST
"Has anyone found a resolution for this? Seems the software update does not contain an option to leave mail on server."
There is an option, under advanced settings in the e-mail setup. Do you find this valuable?    
SamuraiBigEd
SamuraiBigEd
Nov 10 2008, 12:12 PM EST
I have figured out the problem, when they are downloaded to my PC and removed from the server they delete with the next send and receive. I am going to try Outlook 2007 and see if works any better. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 30 2008, 12:20 PM EST
Was having the same problem with HTC Touch Pro. I believe the following will fix: Start: Messaging: [highlight] Outlook Email: Menu: Options: [highlight] Outlook Email: Next: Next: [highlight] Email: Settings. That series of taps will take you to the Email Sync Options screen, where you can select options to download the past 3 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc. Mine was set to only download the past three days, which was why my email was disappearing. You can also select size limits to emails and attachments on this screen. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors