• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: wing, No SoundThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
wing, No Sound
Feb 2 2008, 3:30 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2008, 3:30 PM EST
I can't get any sound to come out of the speaker (not the ear speaker where you here people the back speaker). I can't hear the ringer or anything else that comes out of that speaker. I have had 3 wings and they have all done this, but usually I just turn it off and then restart it and the sound works again, but not this time. I have even performed a full system reset.
Anyone have a solution?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: wing, No Sound
Feb 2 2008, 8:36 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 2 2008, 8:36 PM EST
"I can't get any sound to come out of the speaker (not the ear speaker where you here people the back speaker). I can't hear the ringer or anything else that comes out of that speaker. I have had 3 wings and they have all done this, but usually I just turn it off and then restart it and the sound works again, but not this time. I have even performed a full system reset.
Anyone have a solution?"
What 3rd party applications or registry changes have you done? The odds that you would get 3 devices that have the same issue are pretty low and it might be caused by something you are loading or changing on the device.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: wing, No Sound
Feb 9 2008, 2:49 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2008, 2:49 PM EST
I am having the same issue with my wing and the only third party application that I installed on it was microsoft communicator which I have uninstalled now but the issue is still there. I was looking up online to find an answer and found this forum. I will appreciate if anyone who knows about this issue and its solution can please post it here.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
3. RE: wing, No Sound
Mar 3 2008, 11:10 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 3 2008, 11:10 PM EST
try taking out the battery and puttint it back in. This will restart the operating system and should fix any problems. It worked for my touch.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
fbbf3

fbbf3
4. RE: wing, No Sound
Mar 6 2008, 1:30 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 6 2008, 1:30 AM EST
"I can't get any sound to come out of the speaker (not the ear speaker where you here people the back speaker). I can't hear the ringer or anything else that comes out of that speaker. I have had 3 wings and they have all done this, but usually I just turn it off and then restart it and the sound works again, but not this time. I have even performed a full system reset.
Anyone have a solution?"
Wow! i wish i could have read this before purchasing my wing. I'm having the same problems. I t's so frustrating that in the middle of a conversation, the sound goes... What a piece of "CRAP"
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: wing, No Sound
Apr 25 2008, 9:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 25 2008, 9:12 PM EDT
Just had exactly the same issue with my Touch... I restarted it and now it works fine.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
6. RE: wing, No Sound
Apr 27 2008, 1:17 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 27 2008, 1:17 PM EDT
Did you put a different rom on the device, that can change the radio, which changes the sound, if not. then the software is messed up and you will need to load the original rom from t-mobile back on it. always try a hard reset first.
viquar

viquar
7. RE: wing, No Sound
Apr 29 2008, 9:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2008, 9:52 AM EDT
I have similar problem in HTC Touch Cruise. I noticed one thing before this problem happens. Activesync start by itself when you received any SMS/MMS. The phone freezes - you do net hear the caller and even your ringer. You need to do soft reset. This seems to be a common problem in WM6. Any solution is highly appreciated.
svappaji

svappaji
8. RE: wing, No Sound
Jan 14 2009, 7:49 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 7:49 PM EST
I am also facing same issue with my T-mobile Wing, everything works as normal once we restart. i have done hard reset also, but no luck.

Guess that is hidden feature in Wing

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)