• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8525 Browser Does Not Have Full HTML Capability

Keyword tags: 8525 html browser html browsers
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

lov2krz
lov2krz
8525 Browser Does Not Have Full HTML Capability
Saturday, 6:23 PM EDT
I discovered that the 8525 and most likely all other Smartphones except the iPhone have very limited HTML display capability. I want to be able to see my homepage at my.att.yahoo.com as I would see it on my desktop or wife's iPhone. Is there a patch, hack or browser that I could download to the phone? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: 8525 Browser Does Not Have Full HTML Capability
Saturday, 7:14 PM EDT
You can download Opera Mini here:

http://www.operamini.com/

This gives you full page rendering and is free. Keep in mind, all mobile browsers, iPhone included, have limitations. Most do not handle flash or Java well.
Do you find this valuable?    
lov2krz
lov2krz
Sunday, 12:18 PM EDT
I tried to download the opera mini 4 and when I got to the "installing MIDlet" page I get this message: "Unable to retrieve the JAR file. The URL does not appear to be valid: My Documents\mini.jar"

Got any suggestions?
Rainman76
Rainman76
Sunday, 1:34 PM EDT
"I tried to download the opera mini 4 and when I got to the "installing MIDlet" page I get this message: "Unable to retrieve the JAR file. The URL does not appear to be valid: My Documents\mini.jar"

Got any suggestions?"
Did you open this link from your 8525? Try it that way and it should work. Do you find this valuable?    
lov2krz
lov2krz
Sunday, 2:09 PM EDT
"Did you open this link from your 8525? Try it that way and it should work. "
Yes I did the download from the 8525. I finally installed it and it does work. It put the program in the MIDlet Program and I can open it from there.

Do you have any idea as how to make this my default browser?

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors