• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Sprint Mogul and ActiveSync 4.5

Keyword tags: None

Watch
greg0620
greg0620
Sprint Mogul and ActiveSync 4.5
Feb 28 2008, 9:22 PM EST
Does anyone have a clue how to resolve ActiveSync connection issues between windows XP sp2 and this phone. When I first installed ActiveSync, the sync process went off without a hitch. After that, no joy! The troubleshooting guide is totally useless. There are no useful error messages. I have no enabled firewall software on the computer. I'm out of options.

Thanks.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Mogul and ActiveSync 4.5
Feb 28 2008, 11:44 PM EST
Make sure you are using outlook express 2002 or higher. What type of error messages are you getting? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
greg0620
greg0620
Feb 29 2008, 7:02 PM EST
The only message I get is "ActiveSync cannot connect to the Windows Mobile powered device". I'm using Outlook 2003. I uninstalled ActiveSync and reinstalled. Then went in a delete all the connections and re-established them. The device would resync then. That was last night. I plugged it in to try to resync tonight and again, no joy! The troubleshooter log indicates that Outlook is ok, windows is ok, actually everything is ok (the details file). I don't know what's going on. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Calriki

Calriki
Mar 1 2008, 10:19 AM EST
I have an Alltel version of this phone and am having trouble syncing as well. Worked great for the first week and then no joy after installing some other programs. Deleted all programs, did a hard reset, still to no avail. Is there a miscommunication between the phone and outlook now that the phone does not have the same i.d. it had before? Any help would be great. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
greg0620
greg0620
Mar 1 2008, 4:42 PM EST
Calriki and any one else for that matter. I ended up turning off the "Enable advanced network functionality" in the USB to PC settings screen. That was mentioned in the phone manual. After I turned that off, my connection problems went away. I'm not sure about this, but it appears that if that setting is checked, the connection is attempted via TCP/IP. With that check box cleared, the connection is made via USB serial. Quite honestly, I like the idea of a TCP/IP connection. Too bad it doesn't work. To get to that option go to Start -> Setting -> Connection tab -> USB to PC. 7  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 12 2008, 11:44 AM EDT
What a useful thread!! Thank you :) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 25 2008, 1:09 PM EST
Confirmed. This setting was keeping my device from communicating with my laptop. Thanks Easter Bunny!!! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Site pages
Top Contributors