• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: AOL Instant Messenger

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
AOL Instant Messenger
Feb 25 2008, 10:45 PM EST
Does anyone know how to or already have the installation software for the original Instant Messenger that comes with the TILT?
Because I deleted it before and now I need it.
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: AOL Instant Messenger
Mar 16 2008, 12:25 AM EDT
all the CAB files are \windows on the phone...use the File Manager to locate them and just double tap the CAB file to install it. make sure to set the File Manager to "Show All Files". 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
LiLIvory
LiLIvory
Apr 5 2008, 12:55 AM EDT
"all the CAB files are \windows on the phone...use the File Manager to locate them and just double tap the CAB file to install it. make sure to set the File Manager to "Show All Files"."
It's there and the suggestion was right on point I just re-installed mine

Thanx
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 11 2008, 3:17 PM EDT
Open your file manager and navigte to the \\device\windows folder. It may take some time for files to appear, don't worry this is normal. then tap the sort by arrow in the upper right to sort by type. You are looking for OZ IM file. This cab will install the instant messenger program to your phone. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 8:08 PM EDT
I to had the same problem with my Tilt, I found the "OZ IM" file and installed the messenger but I cant get it running. I click on the instant messenger icon from the Today Screen and nothing happens. I have soft reset the phone a few times now, unsure how to proceed if anyone can help me I would appreciate it! Thanks! Do you find this valuable?    
mailman1387
mailman1387
Jun 1 2008, 1:41 PM EDT
I searched throughout my windows folder under device and couldn't find any OZ IM file.If possible,can you post the CAB file up so i can download it?or atleast give the exact name i'm supposed to look for in my windows folder. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 4 2008, 12:45 AM EDT
i have hte same problem does anybody know how to solve this? why won't the cab file in the windows folder work? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 4 2008, 4:53 PM EDT
Well i was able to find the OZ IM file on one of these threads but just as before when i first got the phone,it takes foreva for aim to sign on..Anyone knows why that happens?I downloaded AIM 2.0 from aol website for free and it connects very fast but the set up is old and so i want something updated like the OZ...HELP Do you find this valuable?    
CherylinMass

CherylinMass
Jun 8 2008, 6:02 PM EDT
I just got my phone this past Tuesday. When I called Tech Support they directed me to this site. My problem with AOL IM:
I select Instant Messenger, I choose AOL from the three choices, it asks me for my sign on info then tries to connect. The little man keeps running, the bar starts to load, but after a minute or so I get "Communications error. Instant Messenger is not supported over WiFi connections." I'm at home connecting to my wireless router. Any ideas why it won't connect? Thanks in advance for your help. This a great community message board to be a part of.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2008, 11:36 AM EDT
"I just got my phone this past Tuesday. When I called Tech Support they directed me to this site. My problem with AOL IM:
I select Instant Messenger, I choose AOL from the three choices, it asks me for my sign on info then tries to connect. The little man keeps running, the bar starts to load, but after a minute or so I get "Communications error. Instant Messenger is not supported over WiFi connections." I'm at home connecting to my wireless router. Any ideas why it won't connect? Thanks in advance for your help. This a great community message board to be a part of."
Not sure if you got an answer to this but when you are connecte to your WIFI connection...AIM will not work. It will only work with the regular AT&T connection (GPRS/3G). I know this takes the fun out of AIM especially if you are not paying the extra service for the data package. The WIFI is good for internet for the most part only. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors