• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: WM6 Upgrade Question

Watch

Anonymous
WM6 Upgrade Question
Feb 24 2008, 1:26 PM EST
Hi, i had a question about upgrading to WM6... i was wondering, if i were to upgrade to WM6 would my phone re-lock to AT&T becuase i currently have it unlocked for t-mobile, and im scared that if i upgrade that it'll lock my phone to at&t and wont be able to use t-mobile anymore.. does anyone know? Regards, 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: WM6 Upgrade Question
Jul 6 2008, 6:46 PM EDT
where can i find the link to upgrade to wm6 for my att 8525 Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 6 2008, 6:56 PM EDT
"where can i find the link to upgrade to wm6 for my att 8525"
You can find it here : http://rapidshare.com/files/82291010/RUU_Hermes_CINGULAR_WWE_3.62.502.3_6275_1.54.07.00_108_UOOS_SVN05_Ship.exe.html

And I know the question above is old, but just for reference, Yes, if you upgrade your phone with an AT$T rom, it will CID lock your phone back to AT$T.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 6 2008, 6:58 PM EDT
i am trying to unlock my tilt to use on t mobile may i ask how you did it? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
Jul 6 2008, 7:31 PM EDT
" i am trying to unlock my tilt to use on t mobile may i ask how you did it?"
The easiest way is to tell AT$T you are going on a trip to another country and need to get a local sim card and could they please give you the unlocking code. Or you can pay $40 dollars to an imei unlocking company to have them circumvent the cid lock which is imei exclusive.

Or for free you can go here and follow these steps and do it tonight.:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=361039
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: XV6600 Upgrade Question
Jul 24 2008, 5:21 PM EDT
I WON'T TO KNOW DO THEY HAVE A UPGRADE RING VOLUME YET 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors