• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC TyTN II: Change language and hard reset

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC TyTN II: Change language and hard reset
Feb 15 2008, 4:55 PM EST
Hi,

I have the same problem as many other users of HTC. I bought my device in Norway and the language installed is Norwegian, without a possibility to change it to English. I read somewhere that if you make a hard reset you might have the possibility of changing the language.
My problem is that I do not manage to make a hard reset! I followed the instructions (holding the left and right soft keys and then press the reset button with the stylus, etc) but there is no way, the device makes a soft reset anyway. I've tried till my fingers are read...
Any hints?

Thanks in advance for any solution!
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC TyTN II: Change language and hard reset
Feb 15 2008, 5:24 PM EST
I found that the information for hard reset of the TyTN II in the user manual is wrong.The way to do it may be found here: ftp://ftp.hughsymons.com/Hugh%20Symons%20Telecom%20-%20Reseller%20Area/HTC/How%20to%20hard%20reset%20the%20HTC%20TyTN.pdf
On the other hand, after making a hard reset, the device did not allow me to change the language.... and it continues to be in Norwegian :(

Still need a solution for that... Thanks!
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 4 2008, 5:44 AM EST
hi,can you please tell me how can I do hard reset?
thanks
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 25 2008, 3:26 PM EDT
I am in the same dilema mine is from france and want to change lanuage to english, pls email me on [email protected] with updates regards 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Mar 25 2008, 4:05 PM EDT
"I am in the same dilema mine is from france and want to change lanuage to english, pls email me on [email protected] with updates regards"
Everything you want to know about ROM upgrading is here:

http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=HTC_Kaiser#ROMx20.Upgrading

You can find several different ROM files, including the new Windows Mobile 6.1 ROMs. It takes some work and you run the risk of bricking your phone, so be careful.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2008, 8:16 AM EST
"hi,can you please tell me how can I do hard reset?
thanks"
To do a hard reset
Press the Left and Right SOFT Key. Keep Pressing while you
Press reset button with stylus.
Keep holding down SOFT keys until message appears asking for confirmation.
Now release 2 SOFT keys and Press GREEN SEND KEY.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors