• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Where do you get new ringtones for the HTC6800 alltel

Keyword tags: ringtones (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Stephee

Stephee
Where do you get new ringtones for the HTC6800 alltel
Feb 5 2008, 1:38 PM EST
I havent had my HTC long I tried to add other songs on for ringtones, I cant seem to find anywhere to get ringtones for this phone. I have had people send ringtones in text but they don't work. I would be happy for any help! Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: Where do you get new ringtones for the HTC6800 alltel
Feb 6 2008, 1:58 AM EST
Just about any audio file can be used as a ring tone. You can either create your own ring tones, purchase ring tones from somewhere (just about any MP3 or WAV type file should work), or even copy full MP3s do your 6800 and set those as a ring tone if you wish. Simply place these audio files in your My Documents folder and change your current ring tone in your settings. Do you find this valuable?    
kodakmak

kodakmak
Feb 7 2008, 10:15 PM EST
Yeah, what he said. The my docs folder ON "MY DEVICE" (not on your sd card) is the one you have to put them in and there is even a my ringtones folder inside that for greater organization. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stephee

Stephee
Feb 8 2008, 3:33 PM EST
Ok, I am sure I am doing something wrong!! I still cant get it to bring them up on my ringtones. Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
Feb 8 2008, 3:55 PM EST
Here are a few questions to help get us there....

What type of music files are you using? Were you able to successfully copy these files to your 6800? Can you see the files on your device using the File Explorer? What folder are they in on your 6800? What procedure are you using to change your ring tone?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 8 2008, 4:47 PM EST
from the telephone internet, got to tuneusin.com. they have free, somewhat up to date ringtones 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 19 2008, 9:03 AM EST
http://makeownringtone.com
hope this helps
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stephee

Stephee
Feb 22 2008, 1:59 PM EST
I love that website!! It is awesome! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 27 2008, 11:02 AM EDT
"I havent had my HTC long I tried to add other songs on for ringtones, I cant seem to find anywhere to get ringtones for this phone. I have had people send ringtones in text but they don't work. I would be happy for any help!"
One good place is mytinyphone.com its free. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 6 2008, 7:11 PM EDT
WWW.FREE-RINGTONES.IE 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 18 2008, 5:30 PM EDT
I use phonezoo.com. It sends you a wap link and when you click on it, the ringtone will download to your 6800.
It's all free.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2008, 3:44 PM EDT
it is really easy, you just need to go to www.myxertones.com and u can search the website and download unlimited free ringtones. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 27 2008, 4:06 PM EDT
you can also go to www.blueapple.mobi to download unlimited music videos, but make sure you have a memory card installed cause they take up a lot of memory on your phone. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors