Discussion: Sprint Touch doesn't ring sometimes when a call come in

Keyword tags: None

Watch
2 3 4  | Next

Anonymous
Sprint Touch doesn't ring sometimes when a call come in
Nov 28 2007, 11:12 PM EST
Hi everyone,

I have a less than 30 day old Sprint Touch and would like to know if I need to replace the phone. Occasionally my Sprint Touch won't ring when someone calls. Whenever this happens, I eventually get a voicemail, but no missed call notification. I then try to call my phone via my home phone or wife's cell phone (different carrier) and the call goes into voicemail after several rings, but the Touch never rings. Is there a known issue or feature that I need to be aware of? Sprint told me to replace the phone, but I'm sure I can't be the only one with this problem.

Thanks,

GP
10  out of 12 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Sprint Touch doesn't ring sometimes when a call come in
Nov 29 2007, 12:18 PM EST
I haven't experienced it with this phone, but I have experienced this with Sprint and my last Sanyo phone. I think I determined that it happens when a call is coming in but the signal is real weak, or drops out at that moment. It never happens very often, but it is frustrating when it does. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 4 2007, 4:34 PM EST
Mine was doing that but I just took out the battery and everything started working. But I now have the problem that i never get the voicemail notification when I have one waiting. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 5 2007, 2:51 PM EST
Just went to sprint today with the same problem. They know about it and are blaming it on the phone. I have a feeling it's the sprint software that's installed to make it work with HTC. They said they will r eplace but I think we are stuck until HTC does ugraded software. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 7 2007, 5:44 AM EST
Yes, very frustrating and I'm thinking now that the extra 150 bucks is worth going to i phone.

I also have the problem of active sync starting for no reason. I'm not hooked up or have bluetooth running.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 13 2007, 2:10 AM EST
I have the same problem!! I could not figure out what was wrong. What makes this even more embarrassing is that I just started my job and I can't even pick up when my boss calls!!!!!!!!! Do you find this valuable?    
cruise350
cruise350
Dec 13 2007, 10:44 PM EST
This happened to me several times. Also, expereinced several lock ups coming out of standby or just wouldn't let me dial out unless I did a soft reset. I finally decided I would exchange my phone before my 30 days were up. I have not had a problem since.
My old phone was manufactured 10/17/07 and my new one was 11/09/2007. They might have had some bad batches in October. If your having problems, exchange while you can so you don't get stuck with a bum phone.

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 4:30 PM EST
I would have the problem that the phone wouldn't ring in standby. It would only ring if it was active and the screen was on. However, I soft-rebooted, and now it rings in standby. I wonder if soft-rebooting will have to be part of my regular schedule to make sure I receive calls. :-( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 20 2007, 5:32 PM EST
I just got rid of my PPC 6700 because of several similar issues, replacing it w/ the htc touch (sprint is my carrier) and I am experiencing the same thing. If I am not on the phone already It does not ring. I've had the phone for 2 weeks tops now and was very happy until the last couple of days. Now I just feel like "here we go again". I hope UT starcom or sprint can do something abou this. Do you find this valuable?    
btevdo

btevdo
Dec 20 2007, 10:23 PM EST
This happens to my phone to which was bought last week, first time I thought it's because of low battery. But it happened again, rebooting the phone solves the problem temporarily. Do you find this valuable?    
ahill3
ahill3
Dec 21 2007, 1:08 PM EST
My problem is that my phone switches to silent mode on its own, I have to keep checking it. Does anyone know a fix. Do you find this valuable?    
zshiner82

zshiner82
Dec 21 2007, 1:15 PM EST
I had the same problem a few day after I bought the phone. I found that shutting down and rebooting solved the problem. Haven't had the problem since but not too enthusiastic about the issue after reading all this. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 21 2007, 2:06 PM EST
I've done that, it doesn't last. Thanks, Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: RINGTONES FOR HTC TOUCH
Dec 22 2007, 4:23 AM EST
Just synch device with windows PC and then openh my computer find the windows folder of the smartphone find the ringers folder and paste ringers(mp3) into it ... . Here you go you have ringtones 0  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2008, 8:15 PM EST
I bought an unlocked HTC Touch 3 days ago. Set it up as per instructions and use my Tmobile SIMM card (didn't install any application at all). Everything was fine until I detected the same problem. Actually I was not getting any ring at all (not only during sleep mode but when the phone was active). I tried rebooting but nothing. Everything else was working fine (making calls, WIFI, applications, browsing the internet, taking pictures, etc). Today I took out the SIMM card and put it back in my old Nokia phone and ......got the same problem!!. Call several times from my landline to my old Nokia, but nothing....I started googling about the problem but couldn't find much info. about this problem so decided to take my phone to Tmobile to see what they will say....anyway, after 3hrs and before going to Tmobile, I decided to try again and.....my old Nokia started ringing!!. Put the SIMM card back into the Touch and worked without a problem =).
This is my theory about this problem:
Seems that during the setup of Touch something is written into the SIMM which makes the phone not to detect when a call is made. This undesire setting in the SIMM could get fix with a rebooting Touch or a hard reset...or putting the SIMM back to a working phone until the network sync up the settings of the SIMM. I believe this may be a small hole in the HTC bios which for some reason is not able to correct the SIMM problem unless a hard reset is made; or the SIMM is corrected by moving it to another phone.
Again, these are just assumptions based on what I have experienced. Please reply to this note to confirm the assumption so others won't freak out thinking that is a HW problem.
My 2 cents
JJ
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 6:30 PM EST
My phone has the same problem but Sprint Touch doesn't have a SIMM card. Sprint store said they aware of this and ask me to keep checking HTC website for coming new OS update. WTF, why do they release a phone don't even ring! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 6:31 PM EST
It seems take the battery out will fix this issue for a while. Sprint store employee tell me he take his PDA phone's battery out every day. What the heck! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 7:21 PM EST
I know what it is for Sprint anyway -- You have to make sure the data connection dialed is ended in order to get calls when you are on the other line. I think you can only have 2 lines open. I make sure when I'm not using the data connection for the internet etc. I set mine up so when I hold the end button the data connection ends and I can receive calls now when I am on the other line with someone else.

Just an FYI - Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Jan 23 2008, 10:55 AM EST
how do you re-boot the phone ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 23 2008, 11:31 AM EST
how has anyone tried to go to settings then go to power then to advanced and turning off the it's not use device will shut down option ? cause it seems to work fine so far i did it. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 3 4  | Next
Site pages
Top Contributors