• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Dash wont turn on, when pluged in green light is steady. What do I do?

Keyword tags: dash Rogers S620 S621 Smartphone T-Mobile
Watch
Become a member of the HTC community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Dash wont turn on, when pluged in green light is steady. What do I do?
Nov 14 2007, 7:11 PM EST
I talked on my phone until the power went totally out, didn’t plug it in until about an hr later when all the battery power went out on the Dash. Let phone charge over night, and green light was steady. Tried to turn on the phone, and nothing will happen. Green light is only on when I have the charger plugged into the phone. Goes from amber, pause 10, sec. to green. But nothing will turn on.

What I have done so far:
1. I have changed the battery out with another battery, still didn’t work.
2. I have changed the charger out to see if that might be the issue, that didn’t work.
3. I have tried holding the power button down for, 20, 30, 60, 120 seconds. Nothing happened.
4. I have tried doing a master reset on the phone, nothing happened.
I have taken the batter out and waited 20, 30, 60, 120 seconds, then putting back in, nothing happened.

I am in quite a conundrum as to what I should do. Can someone PLEASE help me out with this issue? I don’t mind losing all my data; I just don’t want to have to put out another 250 bucks to get this sucker working again.

Thank you.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Dash wont turn on, when pluged in green light is steady. What do I
Dec 1 2007, 11:19 AM EST
have you gotten anywhere with this?? I was fortunate enough to wake up this morning and have the same thing happen to me. I'm contemplating opening it up to see if it is just the power button and its respective contact point. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Dash wont turn on, when pluged in green light is steady. What do
Dec 3 2007, 2:21 PM EST
have U tried >>>soft reset Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 6 2007, 2:46 PM EST
I am having the SAME unfortunate problem. I desperately need to offload the media saved on the phone's memory. My computer will not recognize the phone when attached with the data cable. Should anyone find a solution, please post. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Wednesday, 6:22 PM EST
I was in the process of syncing with Windows Media and then Powered off the phone over night. This morning it wouldn't turn on, only got as far as the Windows Mobile(green screen) and then powered off and did that over and over. Took it into T-Mobile office. They reset it. This is how he told me to do it since the battery replacing didn't work either.
1. hold down the two (-) (-) keys and the Power button (on the side) at the same time
2. release the two dash buttons
3. screen opens to ask if you want to reset
4. press the talk button and then it restarts.

This worked.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)