• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: help I need English

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
help I need English
Nov 6 2007, 3:37 AM EST
Bought my TyTN ii in the Netherlands and it came in Dutch. How can I change the language to English? Seems there is no setting on the phone, but it needs a "patch" ?? anyone know where I can find one? 17  out of 19 found this valuable. Do you?    
bbbwey

bbbwey
RE: help I need English
Nov 10 2007, 11:45 AM EST
go to xda-developers.com. They have great threads on all of these things. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
MetalRush
MetalRush
Nov 29 2007, 4:05 PM EST
1st: what's wrong with Dutch? (niks mis mee, toch? ;))
2nd: As far as I know, it is not possible to just 'flip' your language around. You have to flash your ROM.
I also know that not all ROM's are equal. So it could be that you are missing functionality with/in another language... (yep, you could also gain some ;)
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 1 2008, 10:16 PM EST
Go to Settings, System, Regional Settings. You can change the language of WM6 there. 0  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
MetalRush
MetalRush
Jan 14 2008, 4:49 PM EST
I am sorry, but that is incorrect.
Like it already says: those are the regional settings (so currency, time settings and such), it will NOT translate your OS.
4  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 2 2008, 8:02 AM EDT
I have the exact same problem and the advise on "xda-developers" seems way too time consuming and complicated. Have you heard any other ways to change the OS language? Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
May 2 2008, 8:14 AM EDT
"I have the exact same problem and the advise on "xda-developers" seems way too time consuming and complicated. Have you heard any other ways to change the OS language?"
Unfortunately xda-developers don't give you the long complicated version because there is an easy one button fix. As far as I know there is no " easy " OS translator. Sorry Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 22 2008, 2:38 AM EDT
Guys,
any versions of TyTNII software consist English. I bought device with default Arabic. maked soft-reset, while initiation it aske3d which language I want Arabic, or English. it works - no reflesh is required.

Andrey
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 30 2008, 7:08 AM EDT
i have same problem and its on norwegian language..pls help..
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)