• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Official WM6 ATT 8525 INSTALLED!!!

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2  | Next
Stoddard
Stoddard
Official WM6 ATT 8525 INSTALLED!!!
Nov 1 2007, 1:16 AM EDT
HTC finally got the Official ATT 8525 posted for download. I followed all the instructions, downloaded, and then flashed my phone. Presto, WM6 OS on the 8525. I had absolutedly NO problems or errors! I have reloaded my other programs. Everything has worked PERFECTLY! I am extremely pleased. Definitely worth the wait. Great Job HTC, you have hit a grandslam!!!
19  out of 20 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Official WM6 ATT 8525 INSTALLED!!!
Nov 1 2007, 11:08 AM EDT
I have attempted to flash my phone but when I click on the last "next" in the process it disconnects my active sync and then gives a connectivity error. I have tried turning off firewall, anti-virus, ...etc. I am using MS Active Sync. Any help would be appreciated. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 1 2007, 11:18 AM EDT
"I have attempted to flash my phone but when I click on the last "next" in the process it disconnects my active sync and then gives a connectivity error. I have tried turning off firewall, anti-virus, ...etc. I am using MS Active Sync. Any help would be appreciated."
What is the error message? Did you look the error message up in the ReadMe file that is included with the ROM update?
Activesync should disconnect after you select the final Next to install the update.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 4 2007, 6:41 PM EST
Everything installed flawlessly for me, but one MAJOR disappointment! The Terminal Services Client \ RDP Client is no longer there! It is stripped from the ROM Update. Found a place to download (Google wm6rdp.cab) but application doesn't work. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 5 2007, 1:45 AM EST
i downloaded wm6 but when i going to instal it it gives me an erroe #202
i have tried many times and i dont get it to upgrade .i don,t know what is wrong
iget my phone to sync but when i tried to upgrade i does'nt work.can some one help me?

Anonymous
Nov 7 2007, 12:29 AM EST
IF you are running Windows Vista it won't work to upgrade!
I have this problem but i found a way around it. download the rom to a flash drive/jump drive, go to a windows XP computer, install activesync to that pc., do a HARD reset on your phone. then connect the usb cable, DONOT checkmark anything for syncing up the phone.
after that copy or download the ROM update to the desktop. then launch the file. the screen will go 4 color on you, red, blue, green and white. in the white it should say usb. follow the directions on screen and it should work. the phone will restart it's self when it's done. took me 8 minutes to run the whole thing. tech support said it should take between 10 and 25 minutes. if anyone needs help let me know. i'll do whatever i can to help. [email protected]

Anonymous
Nov 7 2007, 1:45 AM EST
dude.. im trying with windows vista for like 4 hours and no success.. will try to do the same on windows xp and will update this thread... infact i too had the same problem of active sync getting disconnected in the last next buddon, i.e. once we see the progress bar :( Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 7 2007, 8:39 PM EST
Congrats

I had a pretty much succesful upgrade also. I have a glitch on the camera. I have a line. Called HTC IT support and they told me some have had the same thing. They will send a patch sometime in the future. But everything else works great.

How did you install? I had to use XP. Vista gave me problems.

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 12:27 PM EST
Well, I updated my 8525 to WM6, using Windows Vista Ultimate, with absolutely no problems at all. I followed the instructions perfectly and the process was very smooth and took under 10 minutes to compete... which is much faster than the estimated 25 minutes. Do you find this valuable?    
rockefile

rockefile
Nov 10 2007, 6:30 PM EST
Where should I have the 8525 WM6 download? Do you find this valuable?    
Stoddard
Stoddard
Nov 10 2007, 6:54 PM EST
"Where should I have the 8525 WM6 download?"
The 8525 WM6 can be download here:
http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/software-downloads.html
Enjoy :-)
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
rockefile

rockefile
Nov 10 2007, 8:29 PM EST
Thanks a lot buddy! Another good question: as u know, mine is WM5! If I download from directly to my 8525,Shall I have any extra problems in replacing one Os to another? Do you find this valuable?    
Stoddard
Stoddard
Nov 10 2007, 9:11 PM EST
"Thanks a lot buddy! Another good question: as u know, mine is WM5! If I download from directly to my 8525,Shall I have any extra problems in replacing one Os to another?"
You cannot download directly to your 8525. You must (1) download file to a PC (2) establish a USB link between your PC and your 8525, and (3) execute the file you downloaded. I suggest reading the installation guide here: http://www.america.htc.com/support/8525/installation-instructions.html
Good Luck
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
spicyvrf

spicyvrf
Nov 11 2007, 10:47 AM EST
Could you Please Tell me where is this Download Web Site?I can`t find it to download.Thanks Do you find this valuable?    
spicyvrf

spicyvrf
Nov 11 2007, 11:03 AM EST
I found the software,Thanks for your help.Best Regards Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 13 2007, 9:27 PM EST
Where is the download for WM6 Mobile? Microsoft site? Does it help with the issue the 8525 has with ringtones and the inability to download any to the phone? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2007, 10:28 PM EST
You must not be using the VPN client to sync email with exchange - bcz that does not work. This worked in WM5 and does not in WM6. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 13 2007, 1:31 PM EST
Does this rom allow for the 4gig cards... My Cooked wm6 does so I want to check before updating... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 10:18 AM EST
http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6700-xv6700/84897-wm6_rdp-mobile-remote-desktop-client.html

Follow instruction and download CAB file to device. Its for MS WM6 RD
lucaselwell
lucaselwell
Jan 1 2008, 4:55 PM EST
I'm having problems reinstalling Microsoft Voice Command on my 8525 after the ROM update. It gives me a prompt that I chose to install the cab file to "', the default is to main memory. Do you wish to continue? If you choose yes, it tries to install it to "' (whatever that is) and when trying to use VC it will pop up with an error saying to 'restart voice command'. If you choose no, it will say that installation was unsuccessfull.

Any suggestions?
2  | Next
Site pages
Top Contributors