• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Touch rom upgrade

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

First < Previous | 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Anonymous
RE: HTC Touch rom upgrade - Portugal
Sep 5 2008, 3:05 PM EDT
Hello, i', from Portugal, Europe, i can i upgrade my phone, to have wif and GPS onde my htc dual touch. I have the version 1.58.16.27
Thank you

[email protected]
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
voodoo_doctor

voodoo_doctor
RE: HTC Touch rom upgrade
Oct 1 2008, 3:09 AM EDT
It seems like there are several versions of HTC Touch (GSM, Alltel, Rogers, Telus). How do I know which one I've got? I suppose I have a Touch GSM, but I'm not sure... How do I check that? Will firmware/ROM updates from other versions (Alltel, Rogers, Telus) work on my phone? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 7 2008, 5:18 AM EDT
touch paid Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 7 2008, 3:39 PM EDT
What the heck is the problem with ALLTEL and HTC??? This stupid ROM update has been talked about forever now and someone is draggin their feet and in turn, I keep getting the run-around from HTC and ALLTEL about the update!
Anyone hear anything new??
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
galadai

galadai
Oct 10 2008, 5:15 AM EDT
Try some of the custom ROMS they have here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=374

I'm currently using the Touch Essential 2.5 ROM (WM6.1) and it's really great. There are fully loaded ROMS as well but this one is stripped down and leaves me plenty of storage on my 128/64MB Touch.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2008, 1:23 AM EST
If I have a Bell HTC Touch can I flash the Telus ROM so I can use it on the Telus Network? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2008, 10:59 PM EST
No, even if you flash any phone from Bell to Telus or Vice-Versa, you cannot use them on the other network. Even unlocked phones. Both Bell and Telus keep the ESN of every phone they have. So if you try to activate a Bell phone on Telus or vice versa will not work. Bell is actually upgrading it's network to use GSM phones, they are trying to get it set up by christmas, but say it will be up in six months. Maybe then you can use any GSM phone? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 17 2008, 6:53 AM EST
Hello friends,
Please help me with a ROM Update for HTC Touch - the latest version WM 6. 1
Do you have a link or FTP where can I download?
Thanks a lot!
Alec
Do you find this valuable?    
First < Previous | 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors