• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Ringtone downloads

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Ringtone downloads
Aug 28 2007, 3:16 PM EDT
I bought 2 ringtones, but can't add them to my ringtone list or assign them to my contact list. Anyone know how to change my ringtone to a downloaded one? 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Ringtone downloads
Oct 10 2007, 3:10 AM EDT
I tried to use MP3 files I loaded onto my phone as ringtones and had some problems. What I ended up doing was: 1) to open media player 2) search for files. After I did this, all of my songs appeared and I could select any of them for a ringtone. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 10 2007, 8:47 PM EDT
The key is for the ringtones to reside in the "rings" folder within the Windows Mobile directory on the device. You should be able to use File Explorer and navigate to \My Device\Windows\Rings to copy/paste them into the Rings folder. You can also do this if you use Activesync to recognize the device on a PC. Once the ringtone is placed in this folder, it will appear on the ringtone list that you can choose from under the Sound option for Phone in Settings. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 2 2007, 1:31 AM EDT
how do you copy and paste on this phone?
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 10 2008, 10:00 AM EDT
I tried that and I still cannot see my mp3 files in either my phone ring tone list or my contacts ringtones Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors