• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How to watch video's on Youtube

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next

Anonymous
How to watch video's on Youtube
Jul 6 2007, 5:48 PM EDT
When I try to watch a video on youtube it says I have java turned off or I need to update my media player. Do I have to purchase another program to watch video's on youtube? 13  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    
theflo

theflo
I have experienced all of the above
Jul 9 2007, 4:18 PM EDT
I am a pissed off user of this unit. As a stand alone unit it works perfectly except for when my ear feels like it is on fire from the heating issue explained above.

Then I have the At&t Rom Upgrade that was a disaster. I lost Icons, internet explorer didn't want to work, but I was able to figure that out. I lost the capability to connect to the internet with my PC SINCE the upgrade.

The youtube problem I have also. You would have thought that was addressed with the Rom Upgrade but I think video access is a feature that we have to PAY for. Far as my music I am like someone above also I have YET to get my shared music library to play on the unit itself.

If this is suppose to be like a mini computer in your pocket then I expect the unit to have all the features and capabilities of its big brother and not have to pay EXTRA!

Customer Suport from At&t is a joke as they read off a script. No one thinks outside the box to help you and they are quick to point you to HTC. I will be calling HTC tonight to get the internet sharing complete will update on how that works out.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: How to watch video's on Youtube
Jul 11 2007, 8:52 PM EDT
have you tried m.youtube.com you will also need a program called streaming media available free at xdadevelopers.com that is the best site for most problems with pocket pc's 0  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 12 2007, 5:56 PM EDT
Thanks for the suggestion, but I could not locate any free streaming media software; could you hint further? Thanks 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
diode

diode
Jul 13 2007, 6:26 PM EDT
By the way "xdadevelopers.com" is a junk bot search site. Don't go there. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jul 17 2007, 5:40 PM EDT
http://www.xda-developers.com/ is the correct site 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Shoreguy

Shoreguy
RE: I have experienced all of the above
Jul 18 2007, 3:03 PM EDT
Funny I should read this. I JUST got off the phone with AT&T after not having internet for 2 weeks (since the rom upgrade). They were a little behind in their support pages they were following, but we did get it to work. The big trick was: after you set all the 'defaults', you need to cycle power. They were saying 'no you don't'. I do find it disturbing that they didn't pass the correct install guides/support info to their telco support folks...or us for that matter.

Next, 'shared' music. Hell, I can't get the 1G mini-sd to work properly period. music? 1 song at a time. pictures? yeah, like you really wanted to save them to your card. updating media player: i don't see a card or music on a storage card...what's a storage card? ...they really didn't make this a simple device to operate, and i've owned it 7 months. i'm going for the phone set that comes out as a mfg response to the iphone. i could give a rats .... about windows mobile 6. oh, flash player...that's a luxury enjoyed primarily by my full blown computers...ha!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
ArtistnSM

ArtistnSM
Jul 19 2007, 12:39 PM EDT
"When I try to watch a video on youtube it says I have java turned off or I need to update my media player. Do I have to purchase another program to watch video's on youtube?"
There are a lot of forums and a lot of claims stating ... " this software , that download , etc " will work and allow you to view youtube on your mobile device. Unfortunately despite everyones claim that this and that program will work.... pretty much seems to be a false claim. ( Hey I could be wrong , someone probably has something that will work ) As of now. Youtube and Google video use flash player 8 ...the latest flash player for the 8525 is version 7 . There are many programs out there to download your fav youtube videos on your phone and convert the file so it will play... but i've yet to come across any that will actually stream. However if someone has heard of a flv. file streaming program ....do share ;-) Do you find this valuable?    
SilverSurferDude
SilverSurferDude
Sep 30 2007, 3:51 AM EDT
I am using HTC Mogul and I can watch youtube from my phone. You need to use tcpmp to watch it and the instruction are here:
http://www.sprintmogul.net/Forum/tabid/54/ptid/370/page/1/totrecs/64/threadid/344/forumtype/posts/Default.aspx

This most likely works for whatever phone you use as long as it is windows mobile 5 or 6.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 30 2007, 9:48 PM EDT
THere are two different programs to download that will stream youtube and google as well out there . VTap is works great on any pocket pc or smartphone. It's actually a bit cooler than streaming from youtube because not only do the search results include videos from you tube., but google and daily motion as well . Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 3 2007, 9:27 AM EDT
"There are a
lot of forums and a lot of claims stating ... " this software , that
download , etc " will work and allow you to view youtube on your mobile
device. Unfortunately despite everyones claim that this and that
program will work.... pretty much seems to be a false claim. ( Hey I
could be wrong , someone probably has something that will work ) As of
now. Youtube and Google video use flash player 8 ...the latest flash
player for the 8525 is version 7 . There are many programs out there to
download your fav youtube videos on your phone and convert the file so
it will play... but i've yet to come across any that will actually
stream. However if someone has heard of a flv. file streaming program
....do share ;-)"
Buddy,

try this site : http://www.vtap.com

Hope your frustration about other claiming to do video streaming goes away.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
ArtistnSM

ArtistnSM
Oct 3 2007, 1:49 PM EDT
Thanks ! Since posting that statement earlier i've loaded Vtap , Avot ( similar to vtap ) and TCPMP with a video bundle that actually lets you stream from youtube. The later mentioned being the cooler by far. A few replies up is link posted by " silversurferdude " that can direct you to get the TCPMP bundle onto your phone. I'd highly reccomend that . ;-) Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 3 2007, 9:30 PM EDT
Glad that works out for you !! For those people that are going to try, make sure you don't miss the part that you should access the non-mobile youtube website. I also tried video.google.com and works great.

PS. sprintmogul.net server seems to be down at this moment
Do you find this valuable?    
SilverSurferDude
SilverSurferDude
Oct 3 2007, 9:31 PM EDT
Glad that works out for you !! For those people that are going to try, make sure you don't miss the part that you should access the non-mobile youtube website. I also tried video.google.com and works great.

PS. sprintmogul.net server seems to be down at this moment
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stoddard
Stoddard
Oct 26 2007, 2:59 PM EDT
I downloaded and tried to install the two programs listed on the sprintmogul site. The FlashVideoBundle.1.2.CAB loaded fine BUT the TCPMP 0.72.RC1 said that it would not install because it was from an untrusted source. Any ideas? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
SilverSurferDude
SilverSurferDude
Oct 26 2007, 4:12 PM EDT
When I installed it (on my Mogul and Q), it warned me the same thing, but I was allowed to install anyway. Perhaps your device does not allow this? I don't know if there is a configuration somewhere on the setting for this, perhaps you have to tweak the registry. I'll let u know if I find something about it. Do you find this valuable?    
gusjs_28

gusjs_28
Jan 3 2008, 1:34 AM EST
"When I try to watch a video on youtube it says I have java turned off or I need to update my media player. Do I have to purchase another program to watch video's on youtube?"
alguien me podria ayudar a saber como visualizar videos de youtube, me dice que el java no esta activado y que necesito flash player Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 2:13 AM EST
http://www.xda-developers.com/ is also junk don't go 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 6:13 PM EST
Has anyone gotten youtube to work on a HTC Wing yet? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 10 2008, 5:13 PM EST
"http://www.xda-developers.com/ is also junk don't go"
What do you mean junk? There is a lot of good information on that site on how to make the most of your device. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors