Discussion: Using your MP3 songs as Ringtones on the AT&T Tilt

Keyword tags: mp3 (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

mskeela713

mskeela713
Using your MP3 songs as Ringtones on the AT&T Tilt
Nov 3 2008, 8:23 PM EST
I just purchased the new AT&T Tile from AT&T and in the book they provide for you it states that you are suppose to be able to set your mp3 songs as ringtones. So of course I'm excited. So I tried it and of course it doesn't work. AT&T referred me to HTC cause it's nothing that they can do about. Then HTC says there is a problem with the version Windows Mobile 6.1. Is there anyone who knows how to put your mp3 songs as their ringtones Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Using your MP3 songs as Ringtones on the AT&T Tilt
Nov 17 2008, 10:34 PM EST
Hold down on the MP3 you want to use as your ringtone. When the popup box comes up, click on select as ringtone. That's it. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 18 2008, 12:47 PM EST
"I just purchased the new AT&T Tile from AT&T and in the book they provide for you it states that you are suppose to be able to set your mp3 songs as ringtones. So of course I'm excited. So I tried it and of course it doesn't work. AT&T referred me to HTC cause it's nothing that they can do about. Then HTC says there is a problem with the version Windows Mobile 6.1. Is there anyone who knows how to put your mp3 songs as their ringtones"
There isnt a problem really more of a limitation. AT&T asked HTC to put a limit on the size of file that can be set as a ringtone. It is between 500 and 600k. Anything this size will not be available in the drop down to select but you can set it by using the instructions provided by 71.228.191.73
This is also the case with the HTC Fuze for AT&T.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 27 2008, 11:40 PM EST
"There isnt a problem really more of a limitation. AT&T asked HTC to put a limit on the size of file that can be set as a ringtone. It is between 500 and 600k. Anything this size will not be available in the drop down to select but you can set it by using the instructions provided by 71.228.191.73
This is also the case with the HTC Fuze for AT&T."
what is the 71.228.191.73 cuz i want to set my incoming calls ringtone to an mp3 song and i can't do it. where can i find that? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 29 2008, 5:06 PM EST
"what is the 71.228.191.73 cuz i want to set my incoming calls ringtone to an mp3 song and i can't do it. where can i find that?"
After saving the MP3 on your device or an SD Card in your device, go to File Explorer on your device. Locate the MP3, tap and hold on it and then from the pop up Menu select "Set as Ringtone". 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2008, 6:16 PM EST
oh okay, i gotcha now. But what about setting an mp3 song to your contact, i thought i did it, but i guess i didn't. Do you know how to do it? Sorry btw, i just got the tilt, not even five days ago i'm still learning. Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 30 2008, 5:24 PM EST
"oh okay, i gotcha now. But what about setting an mp3 song to your contact, i thought i did it, but i guess i didn't. Do you know how to do it? Sorry btw, i just got the tilt, not even five days ago i'm still learning."
To set a ringtone for a specifc contact, the contact has to be saved to the device not just the SIM. Then you open that contact and select Menu>Edit and then you can set a custom ringtone BUT the only option you will have is to select one of the default tones since your MP3 doesnt show up in that list. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 1 2008, 4:40 PM EST
you have to connect your phone to your pc, and drag the mp3's from your pc folder to the windows/ rings folder on the phone. At first my computer did not show the windows folder so I had to change my setting on my pc to allow access to that and other folders (I guess thats vista's version of a condom). Anyway you can't make those MP3's any longer than 37 seconds or your phone won't let you even see them in the ring tones drop down box. I edited a few to 20 seconds and they work great and its just long enough. The other thing is make sure you save it as an mp3 of the file will be too large. Good luck. I used a program from my old samsung to edit the mp3's. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 2 2008, 5:09 PM EST
"After saving the MP3 on your device or an SD Card in your device, go to File Explorer on your device. Locate the MP3, tap and hold on it and then from the pop up Menu select "Set as Ringtone"."
this worked for me. thanks! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 12 2008, 3:05 PM EST
Long as the file is below 550 kb it can be seen in the drop down box so it doesn't have to be 37 seconds because you can lower the bitrate of the song and it will still have the same sound quality because it is on a phone . Whereas most mp3 are 128kb/s you can lower it to to between 64 and 86 kb/s and still have a 40 second ringtone. The program I use is wavepad and you can get a free 30 day trial online or download it off a bit torrent or limewire. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Tuesday, 5:58 PM EST
"Long as the file is below 550 kb it can be seen in the drop down box so it doesn't have to be 37 seconds because you can lower the bitrate of the song and it will still have the same sound quality because it is on a phone . Whereas most mp3 are 128kb/s you can lower it to to between 64 and 86 kb/s and still have a 40 second ringtone. The program I use is wavepad and you can get a free 30 day trial online or download it off a bit torrent or limewire."
okay well i've downloaded the wavepad i can get to where i have the selected music that i want on my phone but how do i get it onto my phone, or more importantly how do i copy it and then save it in my documents so it can sync into my phone?
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors