• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: HTC Home Customizer

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

megatec45
megatec45
HTC Home Customizer
Sep 2 2008, 2:53 AM EDT
Will the HTC Home Customizer work with the new ATT/HTC WM6.1 ROM? I've heard conflicting posts in other forums. If it causes the phone to constantly reboot, then what are the fixes for it? Any help or suggestions are welcome.
Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
RE: HTC Home Customizer
Sep 3 2008, 7:08 PM EDT
It wasn't the Home customizer for me that actually worked good, it was the 6 Tab HTC Home that caused my phone to reboot in a loop. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 3 2008, 11:21 PM EDT
Thanks for the reply! I'm getting ready to flash my phone and want it to go as smoothe as possible. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 3 2008, 11:22 PM EDT
"Thanks for the reply! I'm getting ready to flash my phone and want it to go as smoothe as possible."
Forgot to login for reply Do you find this valuable?    
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Sep 4 2008, 2:06 PM EDT
I used the HTC 6 TAB off of Rainman's page to get my music tab. The one I had was different, so try that one. Do you find this valuable?    
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 4 2008, 3:43 PM EDT
"I used the HTC 6 TAB off of Rainman's page to get my music tab. The one I had was different, so try that one."
Do you have the link to the file?
I flashed my Tilt last nite. Then installed the HTC Home Customizer and the 6 tab HTC Home. Didn't have any problems with rebooting, but it wouldn't save my settings for color icons and clock color after a soft reset.
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Sep 4 2008, 7:38 PM EDT
Just go to Rainman's profile http://htcwiki.com/account/Rainman76
Follow the links
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 5 2008, 3:00 AM EDT
"Just go to Rainman's profile http://htcwiki.com/account/Rainman76
Follow the links"
Thanks! He has a lot of apps posted there. So far I'm not that thrilled about the upgrade. I'm considering a cooked ROM like the Hyper Dragon III's that are at XDA
BTW how much RAM do you have since the upgrade? My phone shows 113.17 MB in Storage total with 10.75MB in use, and 85.32 MB in Program memory total with 31.24MB in use. I thought I had more before flashing. That's without the bloatware and no other installed apps..
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Sep 5 2008, 12:47 PM EDT
Yeah not to impressed so far either, the only thing I like is the SMS thread and Voice Command. I had about the same amount of memory when I flashed over. Good luck and keep us posted. Do you find this valuable?    
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 6 2008, 3:12 AM EDT
Found out that the HTC customizer I had saved on my PC was corrupt. Downloaded again and everything works great! Thanks for your help! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Sep 6 2008, 7:50 PM EDT
"Thanks! He has a lot of apps posted there. So far I'm not that thrilled about the upgrade. I'm considering a cooked ROM like the Hyper Dragon III's that are at XDA
BTW how much RAM do you have since the upgrade? My phone shows 113.17 MB in Storage total with 10.75MB in use, and 85.32 MB in Program memory total with 31.24MB in use. I thought I had more before flashing. That's without the bloatware and no other installed apps.."
The newer ROM does use up more memory, especially in the RAM. At least for me, I have noticed that my Tilt performs a little faster, especially with the screen rotation. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 7 2008, 2:54 AM EDT
"The newer ROM does use up more memory, especially in the RAM. At least for me, I have noticed that my Tilt performs a little faster, especially with the screen rotation."
Now that I have my home screen working the way it should, I'm a little happier. Your right, the screen rotation is faster.
I like the way your phone is set up, and thanks for posting links to the apps for everyone.
uconncowboy
uconncowboy
Sep 8 2008, 9:50 AM EDT
I'm much happier now except my weather refuses to work, everything else is spot on. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 26 2008, 10:48 PM EDT
it will not work with the wm6.1 rom os, in my case it caused my phone to reboot in a loop. I haven't tried the 6 tap HTC home yet, but would not recommend the cutomizer at this point. Do you find this valuable?    
megatec45
megatec45
Sep 27 2008, 3:26 AM EDT
"it will not work with the wm6.1 rom os, in my case it caused my phone to reboot in a loop. I haven't tried the 6 tap HTC home yet, but would not recommend the cutomizer at this point."
Try the 6 tab, my Tilt is working fine. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors