• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC S720 Freezing on Windows Mobile screen.

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC S720 Freezing on Windows Mobile screen.
Jun 20 2008, 9:12 PM EDT
Recently, my phone started to freeze on the Windows Mobile screen. After 10+ soft resets i started pushing random buttons. It skipped the windows mobile screen completely but the phone was frozen on the initial screen only it had Sync over one of the soft buttons.

Is there anyway to fix it so it starts up normally or is there a soft-start where i can at least get it connected to my PC so I can backup my address book?
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
RE: HTC S720 Freezing on Windows Mobile screen.
Jun 20 2008, 10:12 PM EDT
"Recently, my phone started to freeze on the Windows Mobile screen. After 10+ soft resets i started pushing random buttons. It skipped the windows mobile screen completely but the phone was frozen on the initial screen only it had Sync over one of the soft buttons.

Is there anyway to fix it so it starts up normally or is there a soft-start where i can at least get it connected to my PC so I can backup my address book?"
You can try to hook up the USB cable and soft reset and see if you can get a partnership. Or try removing the battery for at least 30 seconds and restarting. If these don't work, the next step is to try a hard reset. Unfortunately, much like your PC, if you don't back up regularly, when something does go wrong, you get very few second chances. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC S720 Freezing on Windows Mobile screen.
Jun 22 2008, 11:56 PM EDT
Just had the same problem with mine, and the only thing that worked was the hard reset. Sadly lost the data I'd stored on it. :(

Ah well, at least it works again.,
Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors