• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Reading the SD Card

Keyword tags: card reader hc sd TyTN
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Reading the SD Card
Wednesday, 11:03 PM EDT
I was wondering if there is any way to directly access the SD card on the HTC (in my case the TyTNII), without having to remove it and place it into a card reader?

This may be a no-brainer for those syncing with Windows / PCs, so is it just that I am syncing with a Mac, using "Missing Sync"?

I don't want to just dump files and documents onto the card, I actually want to control the file structure as well so it all stays neat. Pulling the MicroSD card out each time isn't too drastic a solution, but it is messier than being able to do it while the device is plugged into the USB connection.

Thanks for any assistance.
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
RE: Reading the SD Card
Yesterday, 1:06 AM EDT
"I was wondering if there is any way to directly access the SD card on the HTC (in my case the TyTNII), without having to remove it and place it into a card reader?

This may be a no-brainer for those syncing with Windows / PCs, so is it just that I am syncing with a Mac, using "Missing Sync"?

I don't want to just dump files and documents onto the card, I actually want to control the file structure as well so it all stays neat. Pulling the MicroSD card out each time isn't too drastic a solution, but it is messier than being able to do it while the device is plugged into the USB connection.

Thanks for any assistance."
Go to programs>file explorer>my device>storage card>menu

create new folders, delete unwanted stuff press edit and copy cut and paste until everything is where you want it.

Anonymous
RE: Reading the SD Card
Yesterday, 2:30 AM EDT
Thanks, but that doesn't seem to allow me to actually transfer whole directory structures onto and off the card. I'm moving around 1000 files in an already sorted directory tree, and I don't want to have to recreate the directory tree and reposition each file individually (if I can work out where they belong in the first place).
I want to be able to access and read the files and directories on the card from the computer, not just move stuff around on the card itself.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors