• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Dispelling the HSDPA myth on the AT&T Tilt.

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

browntannis
browntannis
Dispelling the HSDPA myth on the AT&T Tilt.
Apr 17 2008, 1:51 PM EDT
For those of you that are using KaiserTweak to "enable" HSDPA on your AT&T Tilt, here is some clarification.
AT&T specifically requested to disable the H icon for this device and to use the 3G icon instead. Microsoft had to make a specific AKU which allowed this. The disablement ONLY changes the icon. The radio works the same and so no data rates are changed or affected. There is not a way thru any registry setting or hack to change the radio. On the 8525, the most a user could do is lock the device to either a 2G or 3G network. That functionality was removed in the ATT Tilt/8925/Kaiser per ATT’s request. So, there is nothing an end user can do with any hacks to change the radio stack/performance.
KaiserTweak is fabulous, I use it myself but it doesnt change anything with the HSDPA capabilites of the device.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Dispelling the HSDPA myth on the AT&T Tilt.
Apr 30 2008, 2:44 PM EDT
How does the Communication Mananger Program work in locking 2G or 3G then? Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Apr 30 2008, 2:49 PM EDT
"How does the Communication Mananger Program work in locking 2G or 3G then?"
There are Comm managers which you can download that will force the phone to use the 3G network when available or it can be set to use just 2G like EDGE all the time. I have the 10 button comm manager on my Tilt and it works nicely in saving the battery life as 3G can eat up battery life. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 4 2008, 10:59 AM EDT
I would like to disagreee here. Yes on the TILT you will notice no difference due to the speed of the processor, but tethered to your PC as a modem you will see A HUGE DIFFEREBNE.
Under 3G I an run at 396Kbs max. 1 minute later after turning on the HSDPA and restarting, i can run 990Kbs. Just to make sure it was not a fluke I turned it off again and restarted. back on 3G it is the same 396kbs. So turn on the HSDPA and enjoy the bandwidth.

Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 5 2008, 12:10 PM EDT
what is the comm manager you use lease Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
May 5 2008, 12:17 PM EDT
"what is the comm manager you use lease"
I'll have to find that link again. I found it last year and forgot to save the link. I only have the .cab file. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
May 5 2008, 1:52 PM EDT
"what is the comm manager you use lease"
I use the 10 button comm manager at http//forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=320239 Download the .zip to your desktop or your phone unzip and extract the file and it should self install. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)