• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Movie and music through Bluetooth

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Sopper
Sopper
Movie and music through Bluetooth
Aug 30 2008, 10:41 PM EDT
I was interested in sending music and movie sound through my bluetooth earpiece.

Is this relatively easy to setup or would it require additional programs?

Thanks in advance for ANY info you can give!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sopper
Sopper
RE: Movie and music through Bluetooth
Sep 2 2008, 11:26 AM EDT
Come on guys (and gals)! I'd like to use the Mogul for music while I jog.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sopper
Sopper
Sep 6 2008, 6:30 PM EDT
BUMP! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 11 2008, 5:56 PM EDT
Get Bluetooth Audio software by triangle powers
http://trianglepowers.com/PPC/ViewApp.aspx?ID=6
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Download Movies On HTC 6800
Sep 13 2008, 7:12 PM EDT
Is there a program to download movies on my HTC Mogul 6800 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 14 2008, 3:08 PM EDT
Well, jogging I don't know...I'm a swimmer, so waterproof and bluetooth..I wish :)

But, as far as hooking up external headphones or ear buds with Bluetooth, all that is built into the phone and requires no special software. Now your Headphones do have to support the "Wireless Stereo" profile, and a lot of bluetooh devices don't.

So for example, I use these headphones: http://www.myblueant.com/x5i_stereo_bluetooth_headset_headphones_a2dp.htm and those let me do both, stereo music and phone calls. In contrast though a simple "ear bud" usually only has what they call the "hands free" profile, which means it will handle phone calls, and not stereo music essentially.

Hope that helps.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Sopper
Sopper
Sep 14 2008, 4:45 PM EDT
If it requires no special softeware could you please describe to me how you set it up to put music to a bluetooth head set? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 14 2008, 5:47 PM EDT
Well, there are two parts to it really. First you have to have something to play, so provided you just have run of the mill MP3's, those will play with Windows Media Player for Pocket PC, which comes with the phone (part of Windows Mobile 6.1 I believe).

Secondly, you have to have an AD2P capable headset. Once you've gone about "pairing" your headset to your phone (and your on your own there since that varies from headset to headset), at that point whatever would normally come out of the little speaker on the phone itself, will now now play on the the headset you've paired the phone to. It's not exclusive to music, basically any sound that would normally come out of the speaker on the phone, will now play over the headset, so music, games, (my personal favorite) SlingBox, etc. they all work.

Remember the most important thing is to have an AD2P (wireless stereo profile) headset.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
iamcavan
iamcavan
Sep 15 2008, 4:57 AM EDT
Created an account here so I could follow this thread. I'm Anon. Do you find this valuable?    
Sopper
Sopper
Sep 15 2008, 10:45 AM EDT
"Well, there are two parts to it really. First you have to have something to play, so provided you just have run of the mill MP3's, those will play with Windows Media Player for Pocket PC, which comes with the phone (part of Windows Mobile 6.1 I believe).

Secondly, you have to have an AD2P capable headset. Once you've gone about "pairing" your headset to your phone (and your on your own there since that varies from headset to headset), at that point whatever would normally come out of the little speaker on the phone itself, will now now play on the the headset you've paired the phone to. It's not exclusive to music, basically any sound that would normally come out of the speaker on the phone, will now play over the headset, so music, games, (my personal favorite) SlingBox, etc. they all work.

Remember the most important thing is to have an AD2P (wireless stereo profile) headset. "
I have a motorola headset (with mic boom) and would like to route the sound through that. I am not looking for really high quality....just enough to watch a movie privately or listen to some music.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Download Movies
Sep 16 2008, 12:56 PM EDT
Is there a program to download movies onto the HTC Mogul? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
iamcavan
iamcavan
Sep 17 2008, 2:56 AM EDT
"I have a motorola headset (with mic boom) and would like to route the sound through that. I am not looking for really high quality....just enough to watch a movie privately or listen to some music.
"
What model Motorola headset?

I'll be honest with you, it's a pain in the butt tracking down the right headset, the model that I use (blueant x5) is starting to show signs of age and I've been trying to track down a replacement. The problem is that, "bluetooth headset" when you google it, includes non stereo type "ear buds". Bluetooth Headphones, pure headphones, meaning they don't have a microphone, will work with the Mogul as well of course. But in that case, you'll only be able to use the "wireless stereo" profile, and not be able to switch back and forth between listening to music and taking phone calls.

For just listening to music, I've looked at these:
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=438&product=11644

I don't have these, so that's not an endorsement, just an example. They would work great for purely listening though. Again couldn't switch back and forth between phone calls / music.
iamcavan
iamcavan
RE: Download Movies
Sep 17 2008, 2:59 AM EDT
Yes it's called ActiveSync. You click on "explore" and then paste your .wmv format movie into a folder on the mobile device. Do you find this valuable?    
Sopper
Sopper
Sep 17 2008, 10:04 AM EDT
"What model Motorola headset?

I'll be honest with you, it's a pain in the butt tracking down the right headset, the model that I use (blueant x5) is starting to show signs of age and I've been trying to track down a replacement. The problem is that, "bluetooth headset" when you google it, includes non stereo type "ear buds". Bluetooth Headphones, pure headphones, meaning they don't have a microphone, will work with the Mogul as well of course. But in that case, you'll only be able to use the "wireless stereo" profile, and not be able to switch back and forth between listening to music and taking phone calls.

For just listening to music, I've looked at these:
http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=437&subcategory=438&product=11644

I don't have these, so that's not an endorsement, just an example. They would work great for purely listening though. Again couldn't switch back and forth between phone calls / music. "
Here is what I would like / need.

I have a mogul. I have a bluetooth headset for using the phone (motorola headset, boom mic, etc). I have several movies and a bunch of music on my Mogul. I would like to be able to use my motorola bluetooth headset to listen to the music OR to be able to watch a movie and have the sound routed through my bluetooth headset. This way my wife could watch a movie in the car while be able to hear the mvie through the headset.

Is this easily possible. If so...how do I set it up? Do I need a stereo headset or can I just send sound through the headset I have (converted to mono). I would really prefer to use bluetooth over the wired headphone option.

Anonymous
Sep 19 2008, 11:02 AM EDT
I can offer a little bit of info. I have this phone and a Motorola S-9 headset. It pairs just like any other bluetooth headset and works ok. The sound is surprisingly good. Battery time isn't affected as much as i thought it would be. Downsides? Well it does become a little difficult to transfer back and forth between two different headsets. That's no problem if you just plug the headset you are leaving into the charger and then take the fresh one off it's charger in order. You may still have to remind the phone what you want by finding it and hitting the save button. The only other strangeness is that the phone occationally screws with the speed of the playback. It sounds like putting your finger against an LP while playing, but only briefly. It seems to happen more often if you play the same track multiple times. I have been told it's due to a lack of memory in the phone. I don't like the phone due to other issues, but it does this reasonably well. It's just a shame they didn't go a little further with memory. The HTC touch is SUPPOSED to be better about that.... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors