• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200This is a featured thread

2  | Next
radillon

radillon
8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 15 2008, 11:30 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 11:30 AM EST
Help is greatly appreciated!!

I just purchased the pioneer avic d3 along with the Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth in my vehicle. I have the HTC 8925 and for some reason, the device cannot be found by the pioneer bluetooth device. Does anyone have any answers as we have tried many times and options to hook up? Do I need an upgraded software on my 8925 or is there a certain setting that I am supposed to be on. All other phones seems to connect with no problem.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
1. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 15 2008, 11:44 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 11:44 AM EST
"Help is greatly appreciated!!

I just purchased the pioneer avic d3 along with the Pioneer CD-BTB200 Bluetooth in my vehicle. I have the HTC 8925 and for some reason, the device cannot be found by the pioneer bluetooth device. Does anyone have any answers as we have tried many times and options to hook up? Do I need an upgraded software on my 8925 or is there a certain setting that I am supposed to be on. All other phones seems to connect with no problem."
Did you set your Tilt to be discoverable? To do this, you need to

1. Go into the Communication Manager.
2. From there, goto Settings\Bluetooth.
3. Goto the Mode tab and make sure that Turn on Bluetooth and Make this device visible to other devices is checked.

I have used the Tilt at Best Buy with Pioneer Bluetooth car stere headunits and had no problem pairing up with them.
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 15 2008, 12:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 12:32 PM EST
Thanks for the reply Rainman. I did do that as well, but it seems to not connect still. It states that the device is not valid on the Pioneer BTB200.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
3. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 15 2008, 12:33 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 12:33 PM EST
"Thanks for the reply Rainman. I did do that as well, but it seems to not connect still. It states that the device is not valid on the Pioneer BTB200."
Wow..that's interesting. I have not had experience with the accessory Bluetooth module on Pioneer headunits. I have only used those with the Bluetooth integrated and it seems to work fine.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
4. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 15 2008, 4:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 15 2008, 4:48 PM EST
Rainman, now I am getting somewhere and I am hoping it helps others. I called Pioneer and they stated that with smartphones, they have been having problems with connection because smartphones only allow one connection at a time. During the connection process, one must keep the hands free clicked on and turn off the wireless audio music. If this does not work, one must need to upgrade their windows mobile. Hope this helps educate many that are i nthe same position.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
5. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 20 2008, 1:06 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 1:06 AM EST
I have this set up and am having difficulties as well. I can get the adapter to show "HTC 8900" but it won't say that it's connected even though it does....sorta. What I mean is, it will work immediately work correctly until I turn off the car/radio. When I turn the unit back on, it will show Telephone - Not Connected. If I make a call on my phone then it will connect and work properly until I again turn off the car, etc. I tried the Jetware fix but it didn't seem to make any difference. I just got this phone today so I haven't tried uploading my phone book to the receiver yet so I don't know how that will go yet.

If anyone knows of a more permanent fix for this please let us know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Anonymous
6. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 20 2008, 3:51 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 3:51 PM EST
I too have the Pioneer AVIC-D3 with the CD-BTB200 Bluetooth. Works OK with my RAZR V3r, although I have to approve the connection on my RAZR every time it turns on. I recently got an HTC 8525 (Early version of the Tilt) with upgraded Windows Mobile 6. Tried and tried to get it to pair - just would not. The 8525 would see the Pioneer, but the Pioneer did not like the flavor of Bluetooth the 8525 used, desiding it was an "Unauthorized Phone". Doing my research I determined that the Pioneer Bluetooth units DO NOT play well with Windows Mobile. It's an incapatibility with the flavor of Bluetooth stack Windows Mobile uses. But there is a fix of sorts - A little piece of $14.95 software that's called Jetware Mobile (http://www.jetwaremobile.com/index.htm). Your Pioneer unit's Bluetooth stack will be modified enough for the Pioneer unit to see it, although you will still have to work at the connection every time you turn it on. (Enough that, since Bluetooth is very important to me,I went back to my V3.) The bottom line is that Pioneer does not put a lot of work into their Bluetooth equipment. Good luck
6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
7. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 21 2008, 9:55 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 21 2008, 9:55 AM EST
Same problem here using the Pioneer DEH-6900UB with the CD-BTB200. It will recognize my wifes Nokia N75 just fine, but will not pair with my Tilt nor my son's Tilt.

Anonymous
8. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 28 2008, 10:28 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 10:28 AM EST
I don't know what phone the HTC 8925 is,,,I'm not that techno-savey I guess. My T-mobile WING is working now with the CD-BTB200 since I installed the jetware software "orange" located: http://www.jetwaremobile.com . I had a terrible time with it and was going to go to the Blackberry Pearl to just use it. I installed it with a 15 days free trial, went to my Jeep and there it was! I also have Mercedes-Benz with Blue tooth and couldn't get my phonebook to log in. The "orange" version is supposed to correct this. We will see and I will post when I have success or failure with the Benz.
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
9. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jan 28 2008, 11:13 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 11:13 AM EST
To ALL,

I am the original posts of this thread and I can happily state that mine works now with no problem. The main issue is that one must buy the patch from jetware for $14.95. When I called Pioneer, they stated that with many PDA's, it cannot handle both, the wireless music and hands free, so one must shut off the wireless music part on their phone and just check hands free. Once you do that and purchased the software from jetware, then everything is okay. Uploading the phonebook was easy as well and everything works. Just a few modifications with the phonebook names, but I love this system. Any questions, keep posting and I will try to answer as much as I can cause I know how frustrating it is or it was.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
10. HTC TOUCH BY SPRINT.
Feb 3 2008, 10:42 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2008, 10:42 PM EST
I too had problems pairing my TOUCH to my AVIC-D3 head unit with the CD-BTB200. But once I installed the jetware on the TOUCH, It paired to the head unit immediately. I had looked every where for a solution to this pairing problem on the web and even called HTC but to no avail. But this software works. They should market this software in retail communication stores. Thanks a lot everybody.

Anonymous
11. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Feb 5 2008, 12:57 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 12:57 PM EST
How did you upload the phonebook? I read the instructions in the pioneer manual and the Tilt manual and I am lost. thanks for any help.

Anonymous
12. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Feb 16 2008, 1:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 16 2008, 1:21 PM EST
I too have the Avic D# and I just bought an LG ENV phone. The phone works perfectly (after a friggin hour of trying to figure out to go to bt phone - then functions - then detect then on the phone make it visible blah blah blah). However, I can't get the phone book to upload. ANyone have experience with this?

Anonymous
13. RE: HTC TOUCH BY SPRINT.
Feb 17 2008, 1:31 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 17 2008, 1:31 AM EST
I am still having difficulties after installing the Jetware. It finds my phone (sometimes) but when I key in the passcode and click next it tells me there is a connectivity error. It will show my phone but lists it as an Unknown user so I have to go through the whole process every time I turn on the car. I haven't been able to get it to recognize the phonebook yet either. Any suggestions?
JSSwedishChef

JSSwedishChef
14. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Feb 22 2008, 9:50 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 22 2008, 9:50 AM EST
Hi All,
I have a Tilt and a Pioneer DEH-P5800MP. I'm looking at the CD-BTB200 primarily because I'd like to stream audio (podcasts, Internet radio, etc.) from my Tilt over bluetooth to the car stereo...but obviously I'd like to take advantage of the hands-free phone functionality as well.

Even with the Jetware software installed, will I be able to stream audio AND be able to take calls through the bluetooth connection, or can I only do one or the other and not both?

Many thanks!

Anonymous
15. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Feb 28 2008, 6:42 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 28 2008, 6:42 PM EST
I am having the same issue with the env. I only got it to recognize pioneer 1 time but wouldnt make full connection. Could you detail your steps with the env?

Anonymous
16. RE: HTC TOUCH BY SPRINT.
Apr 8 2008, 2:52 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2008, 2:52 AM EDT
I to am having a problem trying to connect my bluetooth and clearing the messing icon when the messages have been cleared
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
17. RE: HTC TOUCH BY SPRINT.
Apr 29 2008, 2:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2008, 2:00 PM EDT
I am glad I found this this forum. I have the Tilt and a Pioneer dvd-5000 with the cd-btb200 bluetooth module and like everybody else have had no success connecting to the head unit. The bluetooth unit will recognize the phone and vise-versa but when you enter the authentication code it craps out at the moment you hit enter. And also like everybody else I have tried other phones and they have no problem. I really like the 8925 and would like to keep it , especially since Cingular, oh, excuse me, AT&T let me exchange it for another but none of the other options have all of the same functionas as the Tilt. I have reached the end of my 30 day trial period with the 8925 (today as a matter of fact) so having read this forum I am excited that there is a fix. I will let you guys know if it was successful mor me too.

Anonymous
18. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
May 28 2008, 10:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 10:38 AM EDT
Same Problem go to "jetwaremobile.com" download problem solved

Anonymous
19. RE: 8925 Bluetooth compatibility with the pioneer CD-BTB200
Jun 5 2008, 7:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 5 2008, 7:36 AM EDT
"I too have the Avic D# and I just bought an LG ENV phone. The phone works perfectly (after a friggin hour of trying to figure out to go to bt phone - then functions - then detect then on the phone make it visible blah blah blah). However, I can't get the phone book to upload. ANyone have experience with this?"
How did you get the BT function to open on your deck?
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
2  | Next