• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: remove programs

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

distinguished_Brotha

distinguished_Brotha
remove programs
Apr 7 2008, 8:48 AM EDT
I installed some of these progams like hitchhiker, funcontact, etc. but don't like them. I went to remove programs it's not there anymore but when I go to my programs the icon is still there. the error message states something like there has been a sharing violation and the source or destination file may be in use. How do I remove these Items completely? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
lulamae
lulamae
RE: remove programs
Apr 7 2008, 9:32 AM EDT
I would suggest going back to the site they were downloaded from to see if there are any instructions about removing them.

In general, you should be very careful about what you download onto your smartphone; many programs are borderline malicious when you try to remove them, appearing to be removed, but taking up the space nonetheless. We try to remove the links to these programs when their people come and spam this site, but sometimes it takes a while to catch it.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 7 2008, 5:47 PM EDT
"I installed some of these progams like hitchhiker, funcontact, etc. but don't like them. I went to remove programs it's not there anymore but when I go to my programs the icon is still there. the error message states something like there has been a sharing violation and the source or destination file may be in use. How do I remove these Items completely?"
Soft reset your device so that all running programs are shut down. Upon reboot, check Remove Programs and remove whatever you would like from there. Then to write the change to the permanent memory, do another Soft Reset. If that doesn’t do it, as lulamae suggested, go back to where you got the applications to see what steps need to be taken to completely uninstall the application. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 19 2008, 2:28 AM EDT
I did download a Full screen qwerty application which I cant seems to delete it from "REMOVE PROGRAMS" so I went to sync my HTC with my PC and delete the application via my PC .. and it just disappears from my HTC .. Maybe you can try this method ? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Thanks
May 20 2008, 3:25 PM EDT
Thanks, Good Looking Out Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors