• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: installation cd

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
installation cd
Jan 21 2008, 8:27 AM EST
I lost my installation cd now how i insatall driver ? 43  out of 53 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: installation cd
Jan 22 2008, 2:23 PM EST
I am having the same problem :'(

HELP!
5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 22 2008, 2:39 PM EST
What specifically do you need from the Installation CD? The only real thing of importance on it is ActiveSync 4.5 for Windows XP and Windows Mobile Device Center for Vista, both of which can be found on Microsoft's website. The rest of the information is normally the manual, which you can get from HTC's website and some other bloatware.

Again, let us know what you are looking for from the CD specifically and we can point you to where to find the files.
9  out of 13 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Feb 5 2008, 1:06 PM EST
what program do i have to download to transfer songs from my pc to the wing? 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
gronnie
gronnie
Feb 6 2008, 1:54 AM EST
As Rainman said above, you need either Activesync (XP) or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista) to sync songs to your Wing. You will also need Windows Media Player 10 or 11 for your computer.

As an alternative, if you have a memory card for your Wing and a way to connect that card to your computer, you can simply drag and drop music files onto that card then reinsert it into your Wing.
1  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
windows vista
Mar 15 2008, 2:40 PM EDT
I lost the CD too...and I have windows vista so when I tried to download AS 4.5 from the windows website, it didn't work. I really want to be able to download music into my phone's player and upload pictures and videos onto my computer. I don't mind rebuying the CDb but the altell store said they couldn't supply that. Any advice? 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
RE: windows vista
Mar 15 2008, 3:47 PM EDT
"I lost the CD too...and I have windows vista so when I tried to download AS 4.5 from the windows website, it didn't work. I really want to be able to download music into my phone's player and upload pictures and videos onto my computer. I don't mind rebuying the CDb but the altell store said they couldn't supply that. Any advice? "
On Windows Vista, you have to download Microsof'ts WIndows Mobile Device Center 6.1. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=83D513EA-9DF9-4920-AF33-3A0E2E4E7BEB&displaylang=en

ActiveSync 4.5 is for Windows XP, 2000, and older.

3  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Please help!
Apr 12 2008, 6:17 AM EDT
I just got the HTC touch - I'm usually good with technology but this is driving me MAD - I'm considering sending it back, but hopeful someone can help?
1) I can't load the CD as my drive has broken - I downloaded Active Sync, it wouldn't connect with my phone due to Outlook problem but now finally has - but it has downloaded all my email contacts to the phone, which I didn't want - I just want my Sim contacts - and I can't see how to manage it - is there more software I should download?
2) How can I delete all the email contacts?
3) How can I make it read my Sim contacts first name, surname - is there a way to do this? I can't work it out
4) It won't connect to my home wireless network- is there an obvious reason why? How do I ask my home network to 'accept' the phone?

Many many thanks - I'll be so grateful for any help.
0  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors