• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screenThis is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

beckbeau
I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Jan 10 2008, 11:50 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 10 2008, 11:50 AM EST
I have the Shadow for T-Mobile. I have deleted all my text messages in my phone. However, when I go to the screen for messages, I get a "-1 unread" on the text messages screeen and a "1 unread" in my picture messages and a "1 Unread" in my voice notes screen. I do not have any voice notes or voicemail and all messages have been deleted. Does anyone know how to clear this out? 62  out of 78 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: -1 unread shadow tmobile

cece3679
1. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Feb 5 2008, 1:54 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2008, 1:54 PM EST
I cant help, but im having the same issue now 32  out of 45 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Feb 6 2008, 5:25 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 5:25 PM EST
I had to call T-Mobile and they had me reset my phone. I lost tons of pictures and numbers that weren't saved to my sim card. I have yet to have the problem since doing that. 21  out of 30 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Feb 7 2008, 6:49 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2008, 6:49 PM EST
Having the SAME problem now. I would like to avoid resetting my phone. If at all possible. 22  out of 29 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
4. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Feb 7 2008, 7:18 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2008, 7:18 PM EST
"Having the SAME problem now. I would like to avoid resetting my phone. If at all possible."
Try a Soft Reset by removing your battery with the device powered on. That may do it without having to do a hard reset. 19  out of 26 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Feb 12 2008, 12:31 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 12 2008, 12:31 PM EST
i have the same problem, but found that if someone sends me a picture message it will sometimes clear it. then again, when i get another pic message, it comes back sometimes....i don't get it. it doesn't always do it, and nothing i've done so far helps. not even taking the battery out. tmobile told me to call customer service and "they'll have a fix for it if its a common problem, otherwise good luck." helpful right? ha! 19  out of 26 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Mar 31 2008, 3:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2008, 3:34 PM EDT
No solutions yet to this problem... im also having -1 unread text message, 1 unread pict msg, and 1 unread vioce notes..... out of nothing? WHAT TO DO besides reseting? 14  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Jul 3 2008, 11:40 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 3 2008, 11:40 PM EDT
i got rid of the promlem a long time ago and i dont remember how and have it again. which is why i am looking it up now. i didnt reset my phone i know that
all i did was like delete pictures i recieved or something
sorry i cant help
15  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    

wmb02
8. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Jul 4 2008, 5:20 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 4 2008, 5:20 PM EDT
"No solutions yet to this problem... im also having -1 unread text message, 1 unread pict msg, and 1 unread vioce notes..... out of nothing? WHAT TO DO besides reseting?"
My HTC Mogul screen also displays 1 unread text message, however there is no message to view. The inbox folder displays 1 message but there isn't one. Please someone help us all with this issue. I have tried all the forum recommendations without success. There has to be a way to fix it short of a hard reboot, which I had to do a couple of days ago for another issue. 17  out of 24 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Aug 1 2008, 5:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 1 2008, 5:31 PM EDT
Download and install the latest update from www.t-mobile.com/wmupgrade. The rom update addresses the -1 sms indicator 10  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Nov 14 2008, 1:46 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 14 2008, 1:46 PM EST
I've had this problem twice. I don't remember how I fixed it the first time. Just pressing a lot of random buttons I guess! The second time I recv'd a pic email and it fixed it. Good luck. 16  out of 22 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Jan 5 2009, 11:26 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2009, 11:26 PM EST
On unread message Do you find this valuable?    

MalinThiro
30. RE: I get a -1 unread messages in my message screen
Apr 8 2009, 12:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 8 2009, 12:51 AM EDT
I had this same problem and i sent myself a picture from my email, and it worked.
So just have someone send you a pic, or send it to yourself from email

YOUR WELCOME! :)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)