• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Tilt GPS Output to PCThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Tilt GPS Output to PC
Dec 13 2007, 1:29 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 1:29 AM EST
Hi,

I'm a GPS newb and was wondering if it is possible to connect the Tilt to a PC for the purpose of reading/monitoring GPS data. Is that what the jack on the back of the Tilt labeled "GPS" is used for? If so, what kind of cable do I need?

As background information, I am trying to connect the GPS to my laptop's USB port to see if the GPS chipset (Qualcomm gpsOne A-GPS) is compatible with GPSd (a Linux GPS monitoring daemon).

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
1. RE: Tilt GPS Output to PC
Dec 13 2007, 1:34 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 1:34 AM EST
Edit from original poster:

Of course after I post this I see some threads related to using the Tilt as an external antenna. However, these are related to Windows, and I need to be able to do this in Linux.

Anonymous
2. RE: Tilt GPS Output to PC
Dec 13 2007, 10:46 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 13 2007, 10:46 AM EST
I'm not sure about linking it to your laptop but I can tell you that the port on the back is for connecting an external GPS antenna. If you remove the back panel you will see that there are actually two ports on there. One for connecting an external GPS antenna and the other for an external phone antenna.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)