• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: phone won't ringReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts
jmezedc
jmezedc
phone won't ring
Feb 19 2009, 7:39 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 19 2009, 7:39 PM EST
i hade my tilt phone for bout a year now i downloaded wm6.1 and now i can't set ringers to my contacts and my phone wont'tring i have to have my ear peace to know when i am geting a call. if some one can help me with this please hit me up. Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: AT&T Tilt No ring
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: phone won't ring
Feb 23 2009, 5:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 23 2009, 5:10 PM EST
"i hade my tilt phone for bout a year now i downloaded wm6.1 and now i can't set ringers to my contacts and my phone wont'tring i have to have my ear peace to know when i am geting a call. if some one can help me with this please hit me up."
All you can do is:
Rule out 3rd party applications (remove them, soft rest and try again)
See if you have the same result with all of the default ringtone options on your device; some files aren’t compatible with your device or may be corrupt.
Make sure that you are not set to Sound Automatic or Vibrate only.
Hard Reset.
Do you find this valuable?    
roblight
roblight
2. RE: phone won't ring
Jul 23 2009, 4:39 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2009, 4:39 PM EDT
I'm having a similar issue. I wasnt getting any sounds. I upgraded the radio, so now I get system sounds but nothing from the phone. Do you find this valuable?    

capguy
3. RE: phone won't ring
Sep 6 2009, 8:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2009, 8:26 AM EDT
Here is what worked for me. Assuming the phone is not in vibrate mode, make sure you start by uninstalling any applications that may have been associated with the ring files which are located here /windows/rings. Usually media players can do this even after uninstalling. Assuming you have taken this step, check to see what program your ring files are associated with by downloading a wonderful free utility called Total Commander located here http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm. Install and run the application then navigate to rings folder. Highlight one of the files then select files>options and then click on the associate tab. The file and any other in the (.wav, mp3, wma) should all be associated with windows media player. If not, do so. Soft reset and you should be good to go. Good luck! Do you find this valuable?    

dougxjet
4. RE: phone won't ring
Sep 7 2009, 9:49 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 7 2009, 9:49 PM EDT
See the speaker icon at the top of the phone on the start bar ... Tap It
AND VOILA!

Turn the volume slider up next to the phone icon that appears next to the system volume slider.

Close the drop down.

Took me a hour to find it. I think some the peripherals I have been using lately have been switching this.

Good Luck
Do you find this valuable?    
roblight
roblight
5. RE: phone won't ring
Sep 8 2009, 7:19 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 8 2009, 7:19 AM EDT
As it turned out, the radio I installed was not compatible with the custom ROM I was running. Everything is working fine now. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)