• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: t-mobile dashThis is a featured thread

csy_mckenzie

csy_mckenzie
t-mobile dash
Feb 8 2009, 4:20 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2009, 4:20 PM EST
Hi, this is for anyone who has tried or has done this...anyone.. I spoke to htc. I was thinking about getting hte t-mobile dash as new phone. HTC says that it is not gps compatibe, however, i have seen software for gps or this phone and also a "gps receiver' that plugs into your lighter and supposedly gives you wireless gps. is this the case? HTC said to come here and ask because they were not sure. anyone that knows the answer to this question would really help out.

thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: GPS T-Mobile Dash
bandit6

bandit6
1. RE: t-mobile dash
Feb 9 2009, 1:23 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 1:23 AM EST
there is an app or program called. Live Search, and that enables you to view like google maps kinda thing. but i believe you gotta have the internet plan through tmobile
csy_mckenzie

csy_mckenzie
2. RE: t-mobile dash
Feb 9 2009, 3:58 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 3:58 PM EST
Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying becuase i read tht on pdastreet.com. However, does this mean that this phone cannot download applications like the blackberry or the iphone can? thanks!
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: t-mobile dash
Feb 9 2009, 5:17 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 9 2009, 5:17 PM EST
"Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying becuase i read tht on pdastreet.com. However, does this mean that this phone cannot download applications like the blackberry or the iphone can? thanks!"
The TMO Dash can support GPS but you have to have the Bluetooth GPS accessory and corresponding software to use it; the only thing plugging it into your lighter will do is charge the accessory/phone..
There are many applications aout there (not limited to GPS) for WIndows Mobile that you can load and use on your device.
csy_mckenzie

csy_mckenzie
4. RE: t-mobile dash
Feb 24 2009, 1:10 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2009, 1:10 PM EST
that is helpful, thanks. However, The bluetooth GPS accessory- do you mean the headset accessory or are you speaking of something else? thanks.
denco7
denco7
5. RE: t-mobile dash
Feb 24 2009, 3:19 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 24 2009, 3:19 PM EST
"that is helpful, thanks. However, The bluetooth GPS accessory- do you mean the headset accessory or are you speaking of something else? thanks."
The Dash does not have a GPS receiver , you need to buy a separate receiver , pair it with your phone using bluetooth. You can then buy navigation software, load it onto your phone and use this whole combination as your GPS navigation system.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)