• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Help needed........plzzzzzzThis is a featured thread

blessanjoseph

blessanjoseph
Help needed........plzzzzzz
May 26 2008, 11:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 26 2008, 11:38 PM EDT
Hey Guys.....i was referred to this website by the HTC customer care......
I am in serious trouble.....
I bought this new tilt which had the At&t rom and worked really great.....Dont know what got into me.....I read a lot about custom roms and I installed Duttys official WM 6.1 after installing the Flash Hard SPL......It was perfect except the phone call function wasnt working any more.....I mean when I called my home number....i got the ring, but when the phone is picked up i couldnt hear anything nor did anybody on the other side.....I tried this many times on different numbers....
Realizing the mistake I downloaded the latest tilt rom from the HTC website and installed it......The phone restarted fine....screen alignment.....showed the today screen and then it goes through all the AT&T customization......The phone restarts after the customization.....shows the AT&T initial screen and then the 3G animation......after that it goes to a very dim dark blue blank screen.......the phone is on...the key lights turns on when clicked.....but the today screen doesnt boot up......This is were I am rite now.....stuck with this blank dark blue screen......The phone goes to standby more after about 1 min I guess.....and when the phone is waken up from the standby mode I see a screen with a mixed color screen.....I am not talking about the red blue green boot loader screen....this is colors all over the screen.....each pixel is different color.
I dont know what to do.....
Please if anyone can give me some advice and help me out......
Thank you so much in advance.....
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: Help needed........plzzzzzz
May 27 2008, 12:04 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 12:04 AM EDT
"Hey Guys.....i was referred to this website by the HTC customer care......
I bought this new tilt which had the At&t rom and worked really great.....Dont know what got into me.....I read a lot about custom roms and I installed Duttys official WM 6.1 after installing the Flash Hard SPL......It was perfect except the phone call function wasnt working any more.....I mean when I called my home number....i got the ring, but when the phone is picked up i couldnt hear anything nor did anybody on the other side.....I tried this many times on different numbers....
Realizing the mistake I downloaded the latest tilt rom from the HTC website and installed it......The phone restarted fine....screen alignment.....showed the today screen and then it goes through all the AT&T customization......The phone restarts after the customization.....shows the AT&T initial screen and then the 3G animation......after that it goes to a very dim dark blue blank screen.......the phone is on...the key lights turns on when clicked.....but the today screen doesnt boot up......This is were I am rite now.....stuck with this blank dark blue screen......The phone goes to standby more after about 1 min I guess.....and when the phone is waken up from the standby mode I see a screen with a mixed color screen.....I am not talking about the red blue green boot loader screen....this is colors all over the screen.....each pixel is different color.
Thank you so much in advance....."
What happens after a hard reset ? Press both soft keys and press soft reset at same time.

blessanjoseph

blessanjoseph
2. RE: Help needed........plzzzzzz
May 27 2008, 12:21 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 12:21 AM EDT
Sorry....forgot to mention that.....I did do hard reset by holding down the soft keys and by inserting the stylus......It goes through the entire cycle of reloading....today screen....customization and finally I end up with the blank screen I talked about before which comes right after the windows screen at the startup.....
denco7
denco7
3. RE: Help needed........plzzzzzz
May 27 2008, 6:38 AM EDT | Post edited: May 27 2008, 6:38 AM EDT
"Sorry....forgot to mention that.....I did do hard reset by holding down the soft keys and by inserting the stylus......It goes through the entire cycle of reloading....today screen....customization and finally I end up with the blank screen I talked about before which comes right after the windows screen at the startup....."
Sounds like a bad radio. There are some radios that cannot be downgraded once they are flashed . Go to this link for a fix http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=393337
Hopes this helps
ashahsbiz

ashahsbiz
4. RE: Help needed........plzzzzzz
Feb 25 2009, 6:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2009, 6:21 PM EST
"Hey Guys.....i was referred to this website by the HTC customer care......
Thank you so much in advance....."
did u try using your cd that came with your phone to reinstate it to original. plug yr phone into usb plug insert your disk and it should reinstate your original windows program. save your important files on memory card they will be wiped out. it sounds like your hard drive is in conflict. hope yr phone gets workin!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)