• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

HTC takes down WIKI because of so many posts about how bad mogul is

Keyword tags: alarm when charging Mogul wakeup workaround for alarm fix
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
HTC takes down WIKI because of so many posts about how bad mogul is
Nov 10 2007, 1:59 PM EST
In case anyone is new here there were tons of posts about how bad the Mogul is - where are thye now? Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: HTC takes down WIKI because of so many posts about how bad mogul i
Nov 11 2007, 1:20 AM EST
It looks like HTC took them down.

Which is sorta a good thing... it means they've noticed.

So, HTC, IF YOU DON'T WANT BAD PUBLICITY, SUPPORT YOUR DEVICES!!

Do you know that people have been trying to extract the Bluetooth drivers on the CDMA Touch (Sprint Vogue) because it seems that you got THOSE right? Its similar enough hardware that it DOES work, but this is a very hacked way of doing things, the result is a buggy device. We shouldn't have to support our own devices. Please, stop releasing updates that break more things than they fix!

WHERE IS YOUR QUALITY CONTROL???

This won't last long. we WILL publicize the faults no matter how many times the information gets cleared. Fix it, or suffer the bad publicity.
(I have inside sources at theboygeniusreport, engadget, and mopocket. I haven't blabbed yet because I felt like a fix was just around the corner, but I'm losing faith. May have to let the world know that HTC doesn't support a device that's only a few months old).
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 11 2007, 9:44 AM EST
"It looks like HTC took them down.

Which is sorta a good thing... it means they've noticed.

So, HTC, IF YOU DON'T WANT BAD PUBLICITY, SUPPORT YOUR DEVICES!!

Do you know that people have been trying to extract the Bluetooth drivers on the CDMA Touch (Sprint Vogue) because it seems that you got THOSE right? Its similar enough hardware that it DOES work, but this is a very hacked way of doing things, the result is a buggy device. We shouldn't have to support our own devices. Please, stop releasing updates that break more things than they fix!

WHERE IS YOUR QUALITY CONTROL???

This won't last long. we WILL publicize the faults no matter how many times the information gets cleared. Fix it, or suffer the bad publicity.
(I have inside sources at theboygeniusreport, engadget, and mopocket. I haven't blabbed yet because I felt like a fix was just around the corner, but I'm losing faith. May have to let the world know that HTC doesn't support a device that's only a few months old)."
HTC does not manage this Wiki, the users do! There are many posts for the Mogul and the issues the various users have had. I checked the list of deleted pages and the only ones found for the Mogul were pages that users created that didn’t have any content.
From what I have found, HTC is supporting this device; a new ROM was released (after going through testing and approval with the wireless carrier mind you) and was approved for launch. As issues were identified (customers reporting them) the ROM was pulled and put back in the lab. Next, HTC provided a rollback file to help those customers that had the problem ROM loaded. Doesn’t sound like they are ignoring the problem to me since they attempted to fix the issues by releasing a ROM, removed that ROM as issues were reported, provided the ROM roll back file, took the ROM back into the lab for more work, and also advised that the fixed ROM is coming on 2008.
Yeah, they are TOTALLY ignoring their users .
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 11 2007, 2:25 PM EST
They began the "fix" for the Sprint mogul issues in mid August even though the issues had been piling up in their call queue starting in June. The firmware was "completed" on September 7 2007. It sat untouched for a month and a half - it was released the last week of October. The bugs were ALL detected and reported with 24 hours of the release - let's you know just how much testing they did with the firmware. This unit is a lemon.

They want to release their next "fix" when EVDO A is supported by Microsoft - so they won't even have any firmware in the works until Q2 of 2007. I don't know about you but I don't pay $500 for a phone that I can use a year later.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Related Content (what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Navigation
Top Contributors