• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: MicroSD HC Compatible ?

Keyword tags: HTC 5800 (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

cpeders

cpeders
MicroSD HC Compatible ?
Nov 9 2007, 11:31 PM EST
Will the htc 5800 work with MicroSD HC memory cards? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
RE: MicroSD HC Compatible ?
Nov 10 2007, 8:41 AM EST
This device does not support MicroSDHC; only the New devices support these cards. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 4:24 PM EST
"This device does not support MicroSDHC; only the New devices support these cards."
So Verizon has yet to roll this device out and its not considered "New"?

I've read more than one spec list on the internet that says it is compatible, but most don't list MicroSDHC. Do you know from personal experience that the 5800 isn't compatible with the MicroSDHC standard? I'd go to Best Buy or something and get them to try one out, but I have yet to see >2GB chips in stock.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 9:03 PM EST
Pasted direct from the Verizon website where you can now buy the 5800 as the STM5800:
"microSD™ memory slot (up to 8GB) "
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedPhoneId=3544

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 9:04 PM EST
Sorry, typo, that's the SMT5800 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Ljoe1000

Ljoe1000
Feb 3 2008, 11:14 PM EST
I have the SMT5800 and purchased an 8GB SanDisk MicroSDHC for it. It works fine. To my knowledge, HC stands for High Capacity, which means anything over 2 GB. I don't think there is such a thing as a "non HC" card over 2 GB. The spec for the SMT5800 says that it can accomodate up to 8GB MicroSD. Don't know why they would leave off the HC as I believe all 8GB cards will be HC by definition. Point is, it works for me. The full capacity shows up in the system information, the camera saves directly to it, and I can browse to the card while syncing from my PC.

Now if someone can tell me how to optimize Windows mobile to actually use this card as the default storage location for programs and data instead of constantly telling me that I am out of memory, that would be great.

J

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Top Contributors