• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: How long should the battery last on HTC 5800

Keyword tags: HTC 5800
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
How long should the battery last on HTC 5800
Dec 14 2007, 3:27 PM EST
I have a HTC 5800 with Bell Mobility. I bought this phone 2 weeks ago and I find that the charge in thebattery wouldlast only 36 t0 48 hours in a normal usage (combined standby and talk). The review say that it has 5 to 6 days of standby time and 3 to 4 hrs talk time. Over 48 hours I must have made less than 10 calls lasting less than 2mins avarage per call and must have. Charging the phone every day.............is this normal. I have already gone once to the store and replaced the battery, but no change. Thanks foryour coments Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: How long should the battery last on HTC 5800
Dec 14 2007, 7:05 PM EST
I just got mine just now and I hope I don't encouter that....... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 7:43 PM EST
Please post your response once you find out. Thanks Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 2 2008, 4:04 PM EST
I work for Qwest Wireless Support, and we have the same phone, and your experience is about average for the phone. Best advice would be to lower your screen level and see if that improves at all. A lot of customers have it turned all the way up, thats the #1 drain on your battery. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 16 2008, 4:14 PM EST
Turn off Bluetooth power will help. Do you find this valuable?    
redback
redback
Jan 21 2008, 4:50 PM EST
I'm a 3300 user but I have learnt that bluetooth uses a lot of power and WiFi too (especially if the range is large) so turn them off if you aren't using them and you'll get longer battery life by far Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 14 2008, 10:17 PM EDT
"I work for Qwest Wireless Support, and we have the same phone, and your experience is about average for the phone. Best advice would be to lower your screen level and see if that improves at all. A lot of customers have it turned all the way up, thats the #1 drain on your battery."
Is the phone supposed to over heat when im using it, because i have been charging it while i use it and it is extremely hot after a just a few seconds. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors